Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Advise?!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
My fella is flat/house hunting. I've been at work all day and he is footballing with his mates tonight and he's just told me he is going to view a house tomorrow, he's arranged it since dinner. I said do you want me to come (I might be living there aswell!) and he was like yeah, if you wanna, my sisters are coming though. I said no its okay, cos to be honest I dunno if I wanna stay there and stuff. Im just really upset, if it was the other way round, yeah Im close to my sisters and brothers but I would of chose him! :mad: If feels like he doesnt want me involved or somert - he knows I'll be able to get time off work cos im the dept manager!

Am I being over the top?? My mates say I am - but they will cos they think if they say that it will make me happy!

Comments

• Options
    Not at all. If you have spoke about moving in then he should at least have asked you to view it too.
  • Options
    But then there is the possibility he didn't want to put any pressure on you by making ya think you have to go. If you are still trying to decide in what you want, maybe it would be good for you to go, even if his sisters are going. Just ask him again if you can go as you'd like to see the house as well. Might even help you decide if you want to move in with him.
  • Options
    I think you are being a bit needlessly over-defensive, because of what cruel said.

If it's only a vague idea of moving in, then he's better off choosing a place by himself with help of his mates and siblings. He probably doesn't want to pressure you.

Have you asked him?
  • Options
    I will be moving in with him, just dont know if i will be moving in when he does. I havnt asked him anything yet cos I aint spoke to him properly till saturday (cos Im goin out with my mates tomorrow night). So by the time I will speak to him properly, he will of already seen the house :mad:
  • Options
    well shouldn't you have gone house hunting together in the first place?
  • Options
    Sorry I thought you meant, you were still deciding in whether you wanted to move in or not.

Anyways, when ya said no to him that you didn't want to see the house just cause he invited his sisters as well, doesn't exactly show your enthusiasum in wanting to live with him. Can you not try and phone him before he goes and see the house tomorrow. Make the effort by showing your interest in your possible new home with him.
  • Options
    well shouldn't you have gone house hunting together in the first place?

Well cos he had an early finish, I thought he was just looking in papers, on net, getting numbers and prices, I didnt think he'd go and arrange a viewing this soon :impissed:

C2BK - I was really looking forward to viewing places together, looking in the estate agents together ect, then he arranges it without teling me, and doesnt even ask me if I wanna go and view it. He talked about going to view the falt, then changed subject, so he didnt ask me, I had to ask him and he was like, yeah If you wanna. It just feels like he doesnt want me involved. I dunno if I wanna be involved anymore! Its a big thing, I would ask him, no doubt about it :mad:
  • Options
    Holding back like that aint helping you look much better either though. If you phone him up tonight, or tomorrow morning and arrange with him that you would really like to see the house as well, will show how much effort you are putting in to this. This is suppose to be a happy moment for the both of yas. Try and enjoy it, rather than getting upset with who did what. Then see how he treats that. For all you know, he will be well chuffed to see you wanting to go :)
  • Options
    Are his sisters going to view it with the intention of moving in or just to give him some support and a fresh pair of eyes while he looks?