Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

2 mins silence.........

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I hope that 'our' friends from across the pond hold a two minute silence for the fatalities in last week atrocities.

Me? i think it's a waste of time, it's only just another American import.

Surley our leaders should be urging us to get out onto the street and get every Bible, Qu'ran and Torrah and then urinate on them. They should also ban faith schools from operating here in the UK.

The M.A.B could also play their bit, by issueing a fatwa on the clerics and immams who help create 'bombers'.

They are also organising a Musim march around the UK against 'Terrorism'.

Why didn't they urge every man woman and child to decend upon bonny Scotland last week? Geldorf called for a million people, but at least he had the cojones to do so, i didn't hear anyone else.

Comments

• Options
    Not sure about everyone else, but here in Leather Lane Market (Chancery Lane) the whole market stopped and everyone stood still in silence. Stallholders and punters joined hands and the Radio was turned to the BBC.

"Fuck Religion"
  • Options
    Joined hands? Oh dear...

I forgot all about it I'm afraid, and only remembered at 12.10. I had meant to look out of the window and see what was happening on the street...
  • Options
    Surley our leaders should be urging us to get out onto the street and get every Bible, Qu'ran and Torrah and then urinate on them. They should also ban faith schools from operating here in the UK.

So if we rid ourselves of religion there wouldnt be any bombs or violence?

How do you propose we get to this utopia society?
  • Options
    I was silent anyway.

I don't believe in orchestrated silences in remembrance.
  • Options
    Do the 2 minute silence for Armistice Day and that's it... If I held two minutes silences every time someone died unjustly I wouldn't be speaking a word.
  • Options
    It does get a bit out of hand sometimes, I must say.

At least today had some sort of justification. But when people asks for minute silences for such cases as the Soham girls, you know it's getting rather silly.
  • Options
    I hope that 'our' friends from across the pond hold a two minute silence for the fatalities in last week atrocities.

They did.

They also had a british national anthem and silence at the MLB all-star game the other day.

A fantastic gesture and a shame many brits didnt see it.
    I forgot all about it I'm afraid, and only remembered at 12.10. I had meant to look out of the window and see what was happening on the street...

Surprise, surprise.
  • Options
    I'm not usually one for this, but we all (clients and staff) left our office and stood on Brixton Road with lots of others at 12. It was kind of moving actually.
  • Options
    Theres quite a few on this site it appears that are "not usually one for this"
  • Options
    Tommo100 wrote:
    Theres quite a few on this site it appears that are "not usually one for this"
    Tommo not having the balls to say something outright?

Now there's a surprise.
  • Options
    Tommo100 wrote:
    Surprise, surprise.
    *yawn*

Got something to say? Get it out of your chest- you'll feel better for it.
  • Options
    i wasn't particularly up for it either, as i'm more pro-active in my thinking, like banning all religions, including the theologians, the clergy & clerics et al and Faith schools.

Bliar should save his croc tears and concerntrate on (1) the worrying US's geopolitcal objetectives eg, to impose a socio-economic global pax americana at gun point, and think about the withdrawal of Brit Troops from the ME. (Afghanistan & Iraq) (2) and the total unconditioned withdrawal of the Kach terrorist's from the occupied territories in Palestine, by telling the Israeli's that we'll place Diplomatic, Economic and Trade sanctions on them 'till they start to adhere to the numerous UN thingy's, that they've totally ingnored, whist the yanks have just turned a blnid eye. "Shame on you!"

....but (sorry about jumping on the soapbox) ahem......... i was in the markest then a loud cockney voice boomed (not mine honest guv)...." c'mon let's 'ave it, let's all pay respect and fuck the bombers"

The stall holders stood and linked arms so to speak, with the arms around the shoulder.

In other words "We might get done, but we never run!" we can grieve for the dead in London, but we can bounce off the ropes, wipe the chin and fight back.

Hello Bong; >>>....create utopia?<<<<

By doing some shamanic voyaging eg, smoking some Salvia through a water bong and partaking in some psychedelic exploration :thumb: or by handing out some ready rolled Purple Haze, Transvaal Blue etc etc ;)

wot about converting back to Paganism?
  • Options
    More of your usual rubbish then John.
  • Options
    hey, only making it light hearted, que la problema?

I'm a humanist, i can live alongside religions, but sorry, i dont want in my life or having any sort impact on my life. They all only tell us what and when we can eat, how to have sex etc and impose thier puritanical thinking onto us, whilst at the same time, abusing little kiddies and preaching utter crap.

whats wrong with that?
  • Options
    here, have a look at this site;

http://www.landoverbaptist.org/
  • Options
    this page is my favourite;

http://www.landoverbaptist.org/news0701/dating.html :hyper:
  • Options
    hey, only making it light hearted, que la problema?

I'm a humanist, i can live alongside religions, but sorry, i dont want in my life or having any sort impact on my life. They all only tell us what and when we can eat, how to have sex etc and impose thier puritanical thinking onto us, whilst at the same time, abusing little kiddies and preaching utter crap.

whats wrong with that?

When was the last time a religion imposed how you could have sex on you John?
  • Options
    here, have a look at this site;

http://www.landoverbaptist.org/

You do realise that its a joke site?
  • Options
  • Options
    Well you believe all sorts of weird shit over on the drugs board...
  • Options
    >>>When was the last time a religion imposed how you could have sex on you John?<<<<

There wasn't and there never was. I wouldn't let no one, certainetly a religion tell me what to do or what not to do with any part of my body.

For what reason then, then the Catholics agree with contraception? For what reason are the Christian right against abortion (even in cases of rape i think) For what reason do the Islamic faith perform FGM?

i wont go there with self-masturbation let alone the Male G-Spot.
  • Options
    Well you believe all sorts of weird shit over on the drugs board...

like what plum? give me an example?
  • Options
    Okay, are you talking to yourself because your posts don't seem to be making any sense.
  • Options
    brown heroin is brown because of brick dust
    magic mushrooms contain LSA and DMT
    physeptone is heroin
    Narconon are Christian

I could go on.
  • Options
    For what reason do the Islamic faith perform FGM?

FGM has nothing to do with Islam and everything to do with tribal cultural beliefs
  • Options
    People are once again murdered by mankinds' ability to pervert and corrupt something once pure.

It's disgusting.
  • Options
    >>>>brown heroin is brown because of brick dust

Narconon are Christian<<<<<<

I could go on.<<<<<<<<

Hello Blag, you sure eh? i didn't write that heroin was brown becouse of brick dust, the other poster did. He was on the wind up or a user getting ripped off big time. It would come on top if dealers done that, they'd get a good clump, so thats why they "mug" street user's

>>>magic mushrooms contain LSA and DMT<<<

I could go on.Yo ho ho, another bulshi'te lie huh?

>>>Narconon are Christian<<<

The Church of Scientology, what are they Humanist now then?

>>>Physeptone is heroin<<< What? It's a tradename of Methadone. Amps and Pills.

>>>>I could go on<<< From what i've read of you, yeah you can.
  • Options
    >>>FGM has nothing to do with Islam and everything to do with tribal cultural beliefs<<<<

In Christian countries i suppose?

Oh dear, an SWP appoligist huh?
  • Options
    >>>>brown heroin is brown because of brick dust

Narconon are Christian<<<<<<

I could go on.<<<<<<<<

Hello Blag, you sure eh? i didn't write that heroin was brown becouse of brick dust, the other poster did. He was on the wind up or a user getting ripped off big time. It would come on top if dealers done that, they'd get a good clump, so thats why they "mug" street user's

>>>magic mushrooms contain LSA and DMT<<<

I could go on.Yo ho ho, another bulshi'te lie huh?

>>>Narconon are Christian<<<

The Church of Scientology, what are they Humanist now then?

>>>Physeptone is heroin<<< What? It's a tradename of Methadone. Amps and Pills.

>>>>I could go on<<< From what i've read of you, yeah you can.

You're doing exactly what you did last time you posted on these boards. Posting absolute shit, getting pulled up on it then denying you posted these things. Very odd behaviour. :confused:
  • Options
    John, there's a quote button for a reason. Use it.