Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Why is weed so overrated?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,875,648 The Mix Honorary Guru
Could someone please explain to me why everything on TV and in movies suggest that weed make u trip out and is similar to the effects of shrooms or acid, when reality, its a shitty little plant that u smoke to become tried and depressive, and gain weight whilst consuming all those munchies.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,875,648 The Mix Honorary Guru
    someone doesnt like weed..
    THC is a hallucinogen, and can be very powerful, especially when used orally.
    But you would you not agree, to have enuff to actually properly hallucinate, u have to get really really caned, which often aint that fun
    I would say to hallucinate on ordinary cannabis while smoking is hard and will come with too many side effects. But its far from impossible, and certainly possible with oral use, I posted a comment from the Club de Hashisians a while back, they certainly managed to hallucinate.
    Jonny8888 wrote:
    But you would you not agree, to have enuff to actually properly hallucinate, u have to get really really caned, which often aint that fun
    top quality hash is fantastic for hallucinations dreams and visions.
    it can give you a heaven or hell experience as well and ...a bad time on hash is far worse in my experiences than a bad time on shrooms.
    it can give you a heaven or hell experience as well and ...a bad time on hash is far worse in my experiences than a bad time on shrooms.

must've been a pretty bad experience
    turlough wrote:
    must've been a pretty bad experience
    I HAVE HAD MANY BAD EXPERIENCES ON CANNABIS ...oops.
    battles to save my sanity and even my soul.
    i'm a seasoned smoker as you know and the reason i am is cos cannabis and it's effects on my mind ...my heart and my life in general ...has always fascinated me.
    thats why it's my drug of choice.
    the last time i had a hell experience was about ...about a hanful of years ago.
    my youngest son thought i was passed it as far as smoking straight skunk in a hookah was concerned.
    after a few drinks he persuaded me ...
    i spent the night face down ...my missus saying ...'are you all right me love'?
    me replying ...'uh i dunno.'
    numerous times till she fell asleep.
    me ...i was helpless and didn't move till the morning ...i was arguing and dealing with gods and devils all night long ...inside my head.

your going insane rolly!
    no ...no i'm not ...no one ever did.
    over and over and over ...
    heh i did a lot of skunk thru a hookah once. Went home and tried to sleep, but every time i closed my eyes i started seeings things, n my head started pulsating and i could feel the room spinning. wasnt very pleasant at all.
    Jonny8888 wrote:
    heh i did a lot of skunk thru a hookah once. Went home and tried to sleep, but every time i closed my eyes i started seeings things, n my head started pulsating and i could feel the room spinning. wasnt very pleasant at all.
    but ...it can also be fantastic.
    the paths your mind or self can go down ...appears to be limitless/
    Could someone please explain to me why everything on TV and in movies suggest that weed make u trip out and is similar to the effects of shrooms or acid, when reality, its a shitty little plant that u smoke to become tried and depressive, and gain weight whilst consuming all those munchies.

What movie or TV programme suggests weed is comparable to LSD :confused: .

The effects of weed are obviously hallucinogenic, smoke a joint of real weed and you will trip out...
    .........white widow, northern lights, durban poison, transvaal blue :yippe:
    and the difference between these are?
    and the difference between these are?
    different dope different kind of experience.
    What makes weed so great is it's a different effect each and every single time you take it.
    in addition to what Mr M.R wrote

>>>different dope, different buzz<<<<<

There are two types;

Indica....higher CBD than THC equals heavier, sleepy type of high. Yield is usually higher than Sativa, and shorter growing season. Better for indoor growing, because they don't get as tall.

Sativa....higher THC than CBD equals cerebral, soaring type of high, more energetic Yield is usually lower than Indica, but is very potent.
    The height of the plant is more to do with pruning than anything else and the ratio of THC to CBD has a lot to do with when it is picked, early means higher ratios of THC and later means more CBD. Later also means more weight, which is why growers prefer later picked weed.
    do you know the importance of the higher cbd ratio?
    what you off to check a website?
    what is up with you?
    what do you wish to prove and why?

I wasnt answering you John because I wasnt there, why cant you just put your own opinions, you come at this whole board with a very wierd attitude, its not some sort of contest.

As to CBD, as the hairs on the buds turn from white to orange to darker the level of CBD rises, this creates the stonny heavy experience you yourself noted. As for its importance, I dont really know what you are getting at.
    I agree. It is WAY over rated.
    eating cannibas by doing the good old blogurt gets you FUCKED

spread dope into spoon and put in cookin oil, heat up gently until it goes all dissolvey and broken into like a brown liquid then fuck it into a yoghurt and munch it

doesnt taste great but it does the job :)

anyway, back to the point ... i've tripped out on this ... beforehand if someone had said weed can make you trip out i would have told them to fuck away off but nah its true :D

i get closed eye visuals ... colourful stuff seems to have glow about it ... all little simple stuff but the closed eye visuals can be pretty great if you eat much ... a bit for 3 or 4 joitns will have you FUCKED
    Never eaten it before, might have to try it. How long does it take to work?
    I can say though, I have smoked bag beyond bag and after smoking so much for so long, you just can't get stoned anymore.
    jayzg:rl wrote:
    Never eaten it before, might have to try it. How long does it take to work?
    just swallow ...if it's solid i chew and swallow/
    you don't haxe to do a thing to it.
    anything from 15mins to an hour before it kicks in.