Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

General Opinion...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,875,648 The Mix Honorary Guru
...On poppers???

I dont really know much about any drugs really as i dont take them. Im not agaisnt them im just never in situations/with the right people to take them.

But anyway, tried poppers this weekend and just wondering what the general thoughts are? Like them? waste of time? fun?

I thought it was cool, but its over too quickly. Had a headache after the first bit, but after that it was ok.
Was quite chilled out after but that might have just been coz i was at a festival and wasnt long til Green Day were on!!!

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,875,648 The Mix Honorary Guru
    they're shitty enough. they do give you a good buzz but it only lasts for 30 seconds...there's loads of other drugs out there that'll give you a better and longer buzz...
    Sikorah wrote:
    ...On poppers???

I dont really know much about any drugs really as i dont take them. Im not agaisnt them im just never in situations/with the right people to take them.

But anyway, tried poppers this weekend and just wondering what the general thoughts are? Like them? waste of time? fun?

I thought it was cool, but its over too quickly. Had a headache after the first bit, but after that it was ok.
    Was quite chilled out after but that might have just been coz i was at a festival and wasnt long til Green Day were on!!!
    ever had serious opiate constipation ...for like weeks?
    and then it gets where it is determined to come out ...like breeze blocs ...these breeze blocs want out and need your physical and mental help to shove em along ...and out ...even partialy out would help.
    thats what poppers remind me of ...your fuckin head about to pop not too spectacularly with a rush of blood to brain under strain oh the pain i'd rather stand in the rain ...again ...
    eyeballs about to come out as you push one more time ...and then one more ...and so it goes into the night.
    poppers are like a ten second version of the pain.
    and they make you smell like old socks.
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,285 Skive's The Limit
    Pretty poor drug to be honest but can be amusing.
    Weekender Offender 
    Something I think most people try at some point or other and then dismiss as being a bit rubbish.
  • JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    theSite has a factsheet on poppers if you want a bit more information...
    bongbudda wrote:
    Something I think most people try at some point or other and then dismiss as being a bit rubbish.

Yep
    Why anyone would pay money to do poppers i dont know, if ur guna do poppers u mite aswell go get a can of butaine, its cheaper , nicer buzz and wud last longer
  • JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    Jonny8888, I'v had just about enough of your advice to everyone to go and get caned on whatever they can get their hands on - inhaling is far too dangerous. And please stop using text speak, the posting guidelines make it quite clear that it is unacceptable. Cheers.
    Jonny8888 wrote:
    Why anyone would pay money to do poppers i dont know, if ur guna do poppers u mite aswell go get a can of butaine, its cheaper , nicer buzz and wud last longer

No, that would be a stupid thing to do. Inhaling solvents or gas is hugely dangerous and poisonous.

Poppers although not stunningly good for you are FAR better than solvents and gas.
    Cheers guys and girls.
    As i thought really. Bit of fun, gbut thats literally it. A BIT of fun!

Oh and also i never paid for them anyway. I found myself sitting next to a bottle on the floor with some in it, and then a bit later some scottish guy just turned round and offered me and my mate some.
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,285 Skive's The Limit
    Sikorah wrote:
    Bit of fun, gbut thats literally it. A BIT of fun!

Many drugs can be just a bit of fun . :D
    Weekender Offender