Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

12 weeks without weed

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,875,648 The Mix Honorary Guru
and i still want it a lot.

and i can't have it because it's vastly expencive, illegal here and i'm in care.

i ws relying on it for so long as something to carm me down and now i don't have it i don't know what to do and still after 12 weeks i still want it...

errr help?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,875,648 The Mix Honorary Guru
    if youve gone without it this long you might aswell keep going
    try finding an alternative or something?
    my alternative was chocolate and thats made me put on far too much weight...
    keep going. you've come so far, don't give up. Do you write a journal? writing down how you feel at these times may help and keep you off the chocolate too. You may come to understand and be able to help yourself better as well, when you read back over it. you don't have to write everyday, just when you feel the need
    the thing is i didn't stop willingly, i had to because of coming to england and going into care...i write a diary, doesn't really help with it. I don't have an addictive personality which is why i don't understand why i'm like this. I had it to hand all the time when i was in spain, all i had to do was ask and i'd have a joint...
    do you feel you need it more at certain times?

do the people caring for you now know about you taking it? would they be willing to help you get some support through this time
    no, they don't and i don't want them to know because it will cause far too many problems that any good it could do...
    Go drop a pill, then we'll see who wants weed.
    Jonny8888 wrote:
    Go drop a pill, then we'll see who wants weed.

Very helpful, thanks.

The desire will fade gradually over time, stick with it for now.

If you are going to eat chocolate dont eat stuff like Mars and all that, its just suger and doesnt get you the chocolate loveliness. Eat dark chocolate, its better for you and it has more coco solids which have the happy chemicals in them.
  • JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    Well first of all, well done. Perhaps if you try and think about the fact that you don't want to use an escape that could be damaging and harmful in your state of mind, and not that you were deprived of something, it might help.

Have you tried exercise, something like yoga or kick boxing, tai chi or other martial arts? Doing something like that regularly could help with several of the things you mentioned - they all focus the mind and help you relax, they keep you fit, and they could help you feel like you were taking back some control of your life. If you feel like you have lots of anger as well as tension and stress, they help with that, too...
    Obviousing spending time with people who are stoned, getting stoned, or talking about how they like to get stoned, probably wudnt help. N wen ever u want a j try remember a time wen u've really monged out and had a shitty time, n remember since u aint done it for so long, thats probably what u will end up like.
    i want to get back into exercising but i can't do so much with my IBS. my self esteem is really low and weed used to make me feel great. i think i might have a talk with my doctor and see if they can help...
    When i stopped smoking weed i felt the same, it got better with time tho.
    i found it very easy to stop smoking cannabis...it's not like you're sitting there shaking incontollably without it...it's just a buzz...you can do well without it
    yo

and i can't have it because it's vastly expencive, illegal here and i'm in care.

i ws relying on it for so long as something to carm me down and now i don't have it i don't know what to do and still after 12 weeks i still want it...

errr help?
    give salvia a hit... literally!
    salvia is a mexican drug, a little like weed. but its legal. and you can buy legal weeb substitutes, and legal buds off the net.
    Gangstarrr wrote:
    give salvia a hit... literally!
    salvia is a mexican drug, a little like weed. but its legal. and you can buy legal weeb substitutes, and legal buds off the net.

we know what salvia is and it's not the most desirable drug...definately not a substitute for cannabis IMHO
    Salvia is nothing compared to cannabis, fucking ignorant people.

errr help?

Cutting down but not quitting completely is probably the answer.
    Shogun wrote:
    Salvia is nothing compared to cannabis, fucking ignorant people.

Cannabis is nothing compared to ecstasy, fucking ignorant people.

Very easy to spout out a comment like that isn't it :naughty:
    I was never much of a weed smoker and to be honest didn't really see the attraction to it. Also, the second i came up on pills it blew my fucking mind cos i had no fucking clue that a drug could ever make you feel like that.

I am not suggesting you go out and do ecstasy, cause you may well get attached to that, and it is far from healthy, especially on a regular basis, as I have lately been finding out.

Just hang in there are you should turn out fine. Also, I didn't know cannabis was legal in Spain?
    Cannabis is nothing compared to ecstasy, fucking ignorant people.

Very easy to spout out a comment like that isn't it :naughty:
    I was never much of a weed smoker and to be honest didn't really see the attraction to it. Also, the second i came up on pills it blew my fucking mind cos i had no fucking clue that a drug could ever make you feel like that.

I am not suggesting you go out and do ecstasy, cause you may well get attached to that, and it is far from healthy, especially on a regular basis, as I have lately been finding out.

:confused:

what has that got to do with someone telling her to take salvia as a substitute for cannabis...
    In Spain it's not exactly legal but the law just don't regard it as a serious drug, everyone smokes it and alot grow it.

It's in Spanish culture.
    Lol, they hardly care much about it here all too much :razz:
    i want to get back into exercising but i can't do so much with my IBS. my self esteem is really low and weed used to make me feel great. i think i might have a talk with my doctor and see if they can help...

I am a Nutrition Consultant who happens to counsel addicts AND treat IBS. IBS is the one thing doctors know nothing about. Find yourself a naturopathic or nutrition consultant or homeopath or holistic health care provider. I am also an avid weed smoker (well, vaporizer), and I quit for a while every year and undergo horrible cravings, I know what you are going through. There are amino acids (L-Glutamine, DLPA, etc., but you need specific doses from someone who knows your neurochemical makeup) and homeopathic solutions that can help with the cravings. Nutrition, exercise, emotional and behavioral support, journaling, relaxing, spiritual guidance. These things are ALL necessary to overcome an addiction. I urge you to find true health care for your IBS, it is overcomeable through diet/nutrition/herbs. I have helped over 50 people live a life completely free of IBS, but I can't help you, you live in a different country, I just want to stress to you that it is possible, because I know conventional medicine thinks that it is a condition that you have to live with. You don't.