Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Typing (RSA query)

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
Wasn't sure whether to put this here or in Work/Volunteering, but I decided since it relates to courses/education I'd put it here...

Today I did a typing test at a recruitment agency, and got a score of 96 words per minute (much to the amazement of myself, and the lady who did the test, who said she had never seen anyone complete the text!).
Needless to say, I was very happy with this.

Then I realised that 7 years ago I did RSA Level 1 Part 1 (not even the whole thing) at school.....and on the agency form RSA Level 1 relates to "basic" typing.
I have no formal qualification to say that I can type 96 wpm (which is apparently above advanced level (RSA Level 3) according to Jobseekers anyway).

I'd like to be able to put it on my CV, rather than giving off the vibe of having basic typing skills. So I'd like to do the qualification.
I have googled it and looked at local colleges, but can't seem to find any information on it. I've seen several things saying requires "RSA Level 2 or 3" so it must still exist?

Any ideas?! Thanks!
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Get in touch with connexions and find which colleges offer it. It is still on offer.

It's a useful qualification to have. It proves you're a good touch-typist, and you can progress onto audio typing, and so on. There's money in typing, legal secretaries earn a few bob, for instance.

For now, write on your CV you can type at 96wpm, and this has been verified by agency testing. It's a good speed that, I can type quickly and I think I'm only about 75wpm.
  • Options
    Thanks, will do that..

There definitely is money in typing. Mum was a bilingual secretary for years....since I'm doing languages at University maybe that's what I'll end up doing!

In the meantime, it's nice to know that I really can do something! People are always asking me in IT rooms etc (even when I was in Zurich recently in an internet cafe), how I type so fast. I've never really thought about it that much before....I was even really nervous before the test cos I thought I wouldn't be able to do it! Now I'm all happy!!!

Connexions here I come...!