Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

JSA again

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
This is more for people's infomation than a question....

I'm coming up to the end of my MSc; essays and exams done, just the dissertation left to do. I had assumed that as I'm still officially on the course until I hand my dissertation in, I'd be ineligable for JSA until September, even though I'm available for and seeking full time work...

But today, as I'm extremely broke, I thought I might as well make sure and popped in the Job Centre to ask where I stood in the matter. I explained the situation and the bloke looked up my course on the computer, and according to him for JSA purposes the course finished at the end of term - 10th June! Hurrah! So to anyone in a similar situation, it's always worth checking up as postgrad stuff isn't as cut & dried as undergrad stuff.

Saying that, I'm not going to hold my breath and I'll ask the person I see next week at my signing on appointment to double check for me: I've been screwed around by the JSA people before, so tend to take what I'm told with a pinch of salt!

Looks like good news though - hurrah to a bit of cash coming in :yes: