Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Heroin In The 21st Century!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,875,648 The Mix Honorary Guru
Being an ex smackhead and doing most of my scag in the 90's can anyone tell me if the gear is cleaner now or filled with the same impurity (brickdust etc) ? :shocking:

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,875,648 The Mix Honorary Guru
    traditionally, most gear was 1- 10%, a national average is considered to be @ 35% purity, thou as you know, it could be anything from 1 -98% pure.

The purity has gone up and the price has dropped. The National average is £50 gram.

I think there will be data from a national survey that covers street drugs, that will be released around the Sept period by a drug agency, that would i presume, also include purity and prices.
    ```````````````````````````````````
    as far as i know it's back to 1980's levels of 47 to 75%.
    aha, Mr MR,

Are we 'talking' US or UK?

As you are aware, drug prices, purity, trends and fashions fluctuate from region to region, and from year to year, especially with Heroin. Afghan, Turk, Pakistani...whatever.

I read a Govt report a few weeks ago that said that the Afghani crop had been considerablly reduced, then a week later on a C4 news special, that the crop was still high. I even heard of more UK troops to be deployed into the area to Police the borders to help stop the cultivation and the exportation.

.....but then does it really matter, as the chinese and the Russians will be in the background ready to fill any void. (C4 News report)
    Are we 'talking' US or UK?

I'd presume, this being a very English website he's refering to UK street purities.
    most drug data on the www is US based.

There is also a difference between imported and street heroin, as whats written above,, street brown could be anything from 1 - 98%. As you may/may not know heroin is actually white in colour but appears brown becouse of added adulterants (excluding brick dust)
    Crikey!!!!!

just done a double check ~

http://www.drugscope.org.uk/druginfo/drugsearch/ds_report_results.asp?file=%5Cwip%5C11%5C3%5C007chapter5.html

Hava a look at the bot for purity and prices, but this is an 01 study, when Afgani was flooding in.
    most drug data on the www is US based.

There is also a difference between imported and street heroin, )
    what on earth are you talking about?
    brown heroin is manufactured brown ...it is manufactured for smoking.
    my info isn't off the internet.
    .....and?

what is the UK purity of heroin at the moment? and who release's the data? Street heroin can be anything from 1-98%, so only a National average is collated.

Drug Scope will normally be the agency to release this data, unless you may know different?
    .....and?

what is the UK purity of heroin at the moment? and who release's the data? Street heroin can be anything from 1-98%, so only a National average is collated.

Drug Scope will normally be the agency to release this data, unless you may know different?
    yes i do know different and i'm talking the average ...of course it can be anything at all even nil.
    As you may/may not know heroin is actually white in colour but appears brown becouse of added adulterants (excluding brick dust)

Thats just rubbish.

The Americans generally get (especially on the West Coast) white heroin from the Far East such as Myanmar and Thailand. However the Colombians are also moving into the market.

However, we in Britain normally get our heroin from Afghanistan and around there, this then moves through Turkey and on to here. It is brown, even then as near pure as it comes, as Rolly points out it is designed to be smoked and has to have acid added to it before you can shoot it because it doesnt disolve in water easily.