Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

What a lovely bunch.....

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
.. of fans the Manchester Utd lot are.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/m/man_utd/4635727.stm

Seriously though to the Man U fans, do you think this is the best way to go about keeping your club on the straight and narrow. Surely you don't want to make the Glazors hate the club and spitefully fuck it up?? Just a thought but I would have thought now the take-over has happened there is no going back on it so why not support the club you all claim to love instead of turning it into a battle station??

I thought this would be the best way to deal with it, anyone??
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    To be fair its only a minority of ManUre fans who are the ones who take it too far. Bunch of idiots.
  • Options
    GoodFella wrote:
    To be fair its only a minority of ManUre fans who are the ones who take it too far. Bunch of idiots.
    I realise that, I just think now the take-over is complete what are they gaining from causing trouble like this?? Only outcome I can see is the the Glazors will think "fuck them" and spitefully fuck the club up on purpose, its not going to have any other effect imo.
  • Options
    On a tangent note, whatever the fuck happened to Shareholders United? Only a month ago they were saying how they control around 9% of the shares, and that they would never sell out, thus prevening Glazer from reaching the 95% or so needed to compulsory buy the rest.

Yet Glazer said the other day he already controlled 98% of the shares. It'd seem that some allegedly loyal supporters have been selling their shares on the quiet to Glazer and making a tidy profit... :D
  • Options
    ONce he got 90% he could buy the rest out. SU advised to sell to him and put the cash in a slush fund to buy back control later.

Don't know if that happened, mind.
  • Options
    .. of fans the Manchester Utd lot are.

Some.

Great wasn't it, what a lovely view the Glazers now have of the fans of the club they have just bought. There was no excuse for what happened.
  • Options
    Oh, I don't know so much. I think its a shame they didn't get hold of them.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    Oh, I don't know so much. I think its a shame they didn't get hold of them.
    Seconded. I've done quite a bit of protesting against Charles Koppel when he announced he was moving Wimbledon FC to Milton Keynes, and had the cunt been caught by the protesting fans outside he would have been probably kicked half to death. We even tried (and almost suceeded) to break through the Players Loungue after a game to get at the bastard.

It wouldn't have changed a thing I guess, but a cunt would have got what he deserved. He eventually had to leave the country and move back to South Africa, and even so I understand he's watching his back there.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    ONce he got 90% he could buy the rest out. SU advised to sell to him and put the cash in a slush fund to buy back control later.

Don't know if that happened, mind.

That's happened... The Pheonix Fund has been set up.
  • Options
    That's happened... The Pheonix Fund has been set up.
    The Pheonix lives :)
  • Options
    Only outcome I can see is the the Glazors will think "fuck them" and spitefully fuck the club up on purpose, its not going to have any other effect imo.

Yea, that's exactly what the outcome will be when a tiny minority of fans hold a protest. :yeees:

The Glazers said today they understand the fans' fears and moved to quash alot of the negative speculation fuelled by the lovely English media.

Bobby Charlton has backed them, and Fergie seemed happy enough meeting with them, so I'm happy too, for now.
  • Options
    addicted7 wrote:
    Yea, that's exactly what the outcome will be when a tiny minority of fans hold a protest. :yeees:

The Glazers said today they understand the fans' fears and moved to quash alot of the negative speculation fuelled by the lovely English media.

Bobby Charlton has backed them, and Fergie seemed happy enough meeting with them, so I'm happy too, for now.
    Had they announced that when I wrote what you have quoted?? Errrr No don't think so :rolleyes:

Glad they haven't given in to scummy bastards anyway.
  • Options
    A group of United fans have already created a breakaway club called FC United. All the best luck to them.

In fact ACF Wimbledon will be playing them later this month so I might go down to see them.

Unfortunate name to pick though... the abbreviation for it is FCUM. :D
  • Options
    I view FC United as traitors. Man Utd has always been bigger than one man whether that's Sir Alex, Beckham or the Glazers.

I'd much rather glazer didn't own us, but I'm not going to switch to a new club just because he does.
  • Options
    Had they announced that when I wrote what you have quoted?? Errrr No don't think so :rolleyes:

Nope, but it was still pretty stupid (or hopeful) to think they would spitefully fuck over their new business asset because of a small protest.
  • Options
    addicted7 wrote:
    Nope, but it was still pretty stupid (or hopeful) to think they would spitefully fuck over their new business asset because of a small protest.
    Nope, not stupid or hopeful, I couldn't realistically see any other outcome to a set of scummy bastards barracading the owners into Old Trafford and causing riots etc.. Luckily for the club the Glazers didn't give a shit about the scum outside and wasn't scared off by the rockports and tracksuit bottoms tucked into their socks causing havoc.

If they had of being scared off and didn't dare return then they could have easily spitefully fucked the club up IMO.