Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

zombie dogs

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
http://www.news.com.au/story/0,10117,15739502-13762,00.html

well not quite but very erm dodgy as theyre in a state of clinical death whilst being fixed up for their severe injuries, then being resucitated

Comments

• Options
  • Options
    I'm amazed that there is no brain damage. If it's true then it could be a wonderful advancement in medicine.
    Can't see how cryogenically freezing people will benefit society
  • Options
  • Options
    I can. Time is incredibly precious.

surely though it gets a bit silly at a point grasping onto life as we know it, surely theres a time and a place for new generations new idea, redevelopment

its a mighty selfish thing to expand human life spans beyond their real working lifespan, we are designed to die at ages less than 90 on average due irreversible genetic damage, we have to leave at one point accept it and make the most of it i say to those people

ps - i know the article isnt about that, its about improving how they do heart and brain surgery
  • Options
  • Options
    If you know the article isn't about that then why argue against something completely different? :confused: This could have enormous benefit for people facing major surgery and I can't see why people would be against that if they accept the need for medical testing on animals in other situations.

Incidentally, the average lifespan used to be less than 40 years. Should we stop prolonging the life of everyone over 40 because it's unnatural?

no most peopel died at 40 cause of disease and or poor diet

with a decent diet and whatnot you can live up to about 80-90 until bodily conditions from old age set in and get to you, die of a heart attack and what not

this thing itself i think is a good idea it helps do heart surgery etc

people have their time, make the msot of it, and then leave it to another generation to screw up and alter
  • Options
  • Options
    Can't see how cryogenically freezing people will benefit society

well im sure the great aunt wont mind missing a leg when she is revived, especially if you want ice in your coke
  • Options
    I'm not saying I disagree with you about lengthening natural lifespans, but you are arguing that we should leave things to nature when bodies start to wear out. Does this include joint replacements? Dentistry? Cataract operations?
    Well this is actually a very complicated debate. It goes into all sorts of areas, for example fertility treatment, it could just be bad luck that a couple can't have kids and the kids will be fine with a little help, but it could not be, should we really be aiding the propagation of "bad" genes?
  • Options
    while the defintion of "good genes" might vary alot more in these days then they would under say someone like hitler, do we start a mass preemptive genocide against those people with bad genes?
  • Options
    Sounds like the ultimate stop-loss methodology for recycling wounded soldiers rather than having to rely on a draft. Horrah, now the war machines wont even have attrition to slow them down or put a stop to their grasping interventionist militancy.
  • Options
    i think you are barking up the wrong tree :rolleyes:
  • Options
    You, of course are free to think that. History demonstrates though that the most significant technological advancements end up conscripted to military use and the article itself makes reference to field applications for the military.

Couple that with a PNAC intent to secure mid-asian resource control, the manpower needed to maintain that control over the long-haul (a war which will not end in our lifetimes, to quote Cheney), and the increasing obstacles being faced by my own country's military recruitment aparatus and you have a technological solution that will truly give the "meat grinder" a whole new meaning.
  • Options
    So is your suggestion we leave wounded soldiers to die, rather than use medical technology to save them? Or perhaps we should just leave them crippled and begging on the streets?

Lots of technology has military applications or has grown from its original use from the military. Should we stop using them all or give them up? In which case you should get off the internet...
  • Options
    Who is "we"? If by "We" you mean our MIC and government then youd best check their already long existing record on post-combat treatment of those they send to die to enhance their profits, power and political control. "Leaving them to beg on the streets" is a not uncommon experience for far too many as it is. How many more do you think might be left to such a fate if even less are killed in battle?

Perhaps you like the idea of repeated medical voodoo operations to patch em up and ship em back to the lines, only far more effectively. How much trauma from being blown up, shot down or otherwise taken out combat for a time do you think the human psyche could take before snapping utterly? Would want to live next door to a repeat resuscite who was repeatedly denied the excuse of severe injury to free him/herself from the ravages of war, simply because the military machine had new methods of repeatedly rebuilding them fit for combat?

Frankly, any nation which perpetrates war of unprovoked aggression should endure the attrition which that horrible intent brings with it, for the sake of the planet and for the hope of eventual cessation of its disregard for those countless more who are trampled under its boot heels.
  • Options
    RFLMAO - or would be if you weren't such a deeply unpleasent individual.

I like the idea of medical treatment.

And your vision of soldiers wounded and wounded again be turned in blood-crazed savages seems to be based on some cheap sci-fi novel rather than any knowledge of how war affects the human mind. The casualties being suffered currently by the US are that most soldiers (even amongst the infantry) will go through there entire tour with no more injury than a few bumps and scrapes. Medical intervention will save more lives. I think thats a good thing - whereas you seem to think its bad.
  • Options
    Well we'll just have to revert to pot-kettle-black on the assessment of "unpleasant". I find you and your ilk fairly onerous as well.

Sad to say for other claim, that the largely unreported fact of the matter on theatre of battle injuries in our present zones of engagement have well exceeded the "official" Pentagon figures by a significant margin. The fact that your admin idols choose to disgrace themselves by burying that truth only adds to the shame of the matter and leads us to crackpots like yourself continuing to cheer from the sidelines without a clue or any real interest to inform yourself.

Nothing surprising there though knowing all too well how sanitised and censored domestic US mainstream media has become under the watchful eye of the OSP.

As for your other snide and presumptuous claim about my knowledge of the effects of conflict on the human psyche, let's just say that I known far too many veterans with deep seated psychological damage for my liking.
  • Options
    For some reason I am now thinking of Dolph Lungren and Claude Van Damme.

Before hand I was thinking of the benefits to life saving surgery which is carried out every day.
  • Options
    Can you point out a reliable source for your claim that the US is suffering significant casualties?
  • Options
    None published on the Net that I know of and certainly none which, if so published, you would respond to with anything but further snide denials. Ill leave it to you to dig into for yourself if it makes any difference to your cheerleader mentality.
  • Options
    So nothing on the net and nothing published??? So are you breaking into the Pentagon to steal the real casualty figures?
  • Options
    I didnt say nothing published. I said I am not aware of anything (other than falsely under-reported casualty and fatality figures) published on the internet.

Try reading what is written instead of whatever strawman argument you wish to invent to reinforce your delusional notions. Some in depth investigation into the very same under-reporting and deflation of figures in Vietnam will give you some insight into the nature of Pentagon wartime propaganda and public information management.

No, I did not "break into the Pentagon", I happen to have friends and associates throughout Brussels including at NATO HQ and figures from medical staff at our German staging facilities paint a far different picture than what the public back home is being told.

Not that any amount of casualties would suffice to dissuade an obvious armchair war supporter like yourself.
  • Options
    surely though it gets a bit silly at a point grasping onto life as we know it, surely theres a time and a place for new generations new idea, redevelopment

Is this actually a case of grasping onto life, or is it a case of giving doctors a few hours extra in which to try to prevent a death?

Is that actually so bad...?
    its a mighty selfish thing to expand human life spans beyond their real working lifespan, we are designed to die at ages less than 90 on average due irreversible genetic damage, we have to leave at one point accept it and make the most of it i say to those people

ps - i know the article isnt about that, its about improving how they do heart and brain surgery

But heart and brain surgery may actually be extending the life of someone who would otherwise die. So much surgery is, including emergency appendix cases.

The argument you are putting forward, about the "natural order" of things is such a huge one that you haven't even scratched the surface...anytime medics intervene they are altering the "natural order" of things. Or you could argue that the fact that the medics can do something is an example of how the natural order has allowed us to learn how...
  • Options
    I didnt say nothing published. I said I am not aware of anything (other than falsely under-reported casualty and fatality figures) published on the internet.

Try reading what is written instead of whatever strawman argument you wish to invent to reinforce your delusional notions. Some in depth investigation into the very same under-reporting and deflation of figures in Vietnam will give you some insight into the nature of Pentagon wartime propaganda and public information management.

No, I did not "break into the Pentagon", I happen to have friends and associates throughout Brussels including at NATO HQ and figures from medical staff at our German staging facilities paint a far different picture than what the public back home is being told.

Not that any amount of casualties would suffice to dissuade an obvious armchair war supporter like yourself.

I too have friends in the military and they do not paint a picture of horrendous casualties, losses - yes. But no evidence that the losses are so severe that the armed forces cannot cope.

And thanks - but I know about casualty reporting and no serious evidence has come to light that the US lied about their casualties overall (though I admit they lied about other things and for individual incidents gave the wrong figures). If you are talking about the inflated enemy body count that is well known, not relevant to the discussion at hand and false body counts happen in all wars (ie 1 million Iraqi deaths in GW1 now probably thought to be around 10,000).

And how do your 'friends' in NATO and the US medical services feel about views such as
    Frankly, any nation which perpetrates war of unprovoked aggression should endure the attrition which that horrible intent brings with it, for the sake of the planet and for the hope of eventual cessation of its disregard for those countless more who are trampled under its boot heels.
    and your obvious disregard for the lives of their colleagues.
  • Options
    I am not speaking about "inflated" body counts, aka civilian counts (which are actually far cloaser to the truth than the CPA would like the public to know about given that they recently ordered the Iraqi Ministry of Health to cease reporting hospital figures for Iraqi civilians - true form for our military censorship machine).

I AM speaking about intentioned false reporting of batelfield casualties and the false methodology employed to arrive at the current fatality of 1900-2000. These figures are only referenced to those killed or found dead in the field, they purposely exclude those who die of injuries either in transit or post-evacuation to Europe or other staging facilities.
    no serious evidence has come to light that the US lied about their casualties overall

Only highlighting further the improved control mecahnisms on theatre of war information flows and censorship of the press by the masters thereof in the Pentagon.

Again, its clear at any rate that you have no concern whatsoever, given that even those official numbers make little impact on your sensibilities. Even twice or three times the number would undoubtedly dissuade you none from your sycophantic support for the continuation of the war.

As for how my friends feel, well there are quite a few personnel I know who have been disgusted with this neocon war crime for quite some time. Unfortunately being in the system restricts their freedom of expression.
  • Options
    I AM speaking about intentioned false reporting of batelfield casualties and the false methodology employed to arrive at the current fatality of 1900-2000. These figures are only referenced to those killed or found dead in the field, they purposely exclude those who die of injuries either in transit or post-evacuation to Europe or other staging facilities.

Er you mean they cover up deaths like this http://www.defenselink.mil/releases/2004/nr20040930-1338.html

And it could be argued that the deaths reported over-represent the seriousness of the Iraq War as they often include people who've died due to negligent discharges, crashes and other accidents which would happen in peacetime, but would not be included in any statistics.
    Only highlighting further the improved control mecahnisms on theatre of war information flows and censorship of the press by the masters thereof in the Pentagon.

So absence of evidence means that the US just got better at covering things up??
    Again, its clear at any rate that you have no concern whatsoever, given that even those official numbers make little impact on your sensibilities. Even twice or three times the number would undoubtedly dissuade you none from your sycophantic support for the continuation of the war.

Actually you're right - whilst I'd like the casualty figures to be lower it doesn't change my mind about the war. As I see it wars fall into two types. If they are uneccessary they're not worth the lives of one 'British Grenadier'. However, if a war is neccessary it is neccessary whether it causes us a dozen deaths or ten thousand.

As for how my friends feel, well there are quite a few personnel I know who have been disgusted with this neocon war crime for quite some time. Unfortunately being in the system restricts their freedom of expression

Oh I know a lot of British soldiers who are against the war (go onto various sites frequented by British soldiers and you'll get a mixture of views), but I know of not one soldier - whatever his views who thinks that his colleagues deserve to die because of the failures of politicians.
  • Options
    So absence of evidence means that the US just got better at covering things up??

Love how you broaden the suggestion when you know you cannot argue, based on clear and repeated historic practice of misinformation, fabricated press (aka misinformation or "psyops") and flagrant censorship from the field orchestrated by the Pentagon, not the "US" (as some broad undefinable mass entity). Are you that intellectually dishonest, or dare say ignorant, as to think that those overseeing information management strategy havent spent years refining their craft and ever mindful of ways to tighten their control even further for future expeditionary endeavours?

Or are you simply naive?
  • Options
    So you think its "necessary" to invade a country that posed no threat nor attacked us eh?

Then clearly youll be signing up and doing your part to bolster the ranks of those whose efforts you so ardently support from the comfort of your home.

The meat grinder needs willing fodder like you, sign up today!
  • Options
    Double post.
  • Options
    But you still fail to provide any evidence that the US made up casualty figures in Vietnam and then accuse me being intellectually dishonest.

edited - decided to remove some personal information.