Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Pimp my ride UK

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
oh dear god could it have been any worse.....??

Westwood- i knew he thought he was black, but if only he realised how stupid he looked and sounded!!

And that poor girl last night - firstly odd that she wants to drive to her own wedding....but 2ndly that she wants to drive in that lol

Wat did they do to her poor car!! :eek2:

Cant believe it!

sat and laughed for ages

You've been pimped man - shut up westwood you twat!
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    I like the American Pimp my Ride and when I saw the UK one advertised I thought, oooh I'll watch that. Then I saw Tim Westwood was doing it, so I avoided it, and by the sounds of it Im glad I did.
  • Options
    Time Westwood is hilarious to listen to, i've never had the chance to see him on tv though. It's funny as fcuk listening to this guy think he's black and trying to play it that way.
  • Options
    If you dont like Westwood, i would advise watching this so you can laff at him ALOT lol

Xzibit is funny when he does it, natural and gangsta
    Westwood is NOT
    Wat an embarrassment!!
  • Options
    I personally find the idea that 'pimping' is a good thing morally objectionable.
  • Options
    I just laugh at Westwood, he sounds like such a twat.
  • Options
    lexijb wrote:
    If you dont like Westwood, i would advise watching this so you can laff at him ALOT lol
    When is it on again, next Sunday?
  • Options
    Isn't he a vicar's son?
  • Options
    Isn't he a vicar's son?

Yes.
  • Options
  • Options
    coming soon to a tv set near you

pimp my country, USA's tv elite go and give your country a carpet bombing making over in the style of hit british tv series changing rooms
  • Options
    Bishop of Peterborough isn't it?

I agree with you Bong, I am old and boring I know, but I find the whole 'pimp' fashion and culture really sad. Do people actually stop and think about what a pimp really is? Is it producing good role models for boys growing up? Are people happy for their daughters to aspire to be half naked, sexual decorations for mysogynistic twats?

Indeed, I dont mind that much when its about drug dealing, which isnt totally immoral, but being a pimp is a foul thing and really should be socially shunned.
  • Options
    bongbudda wrote:
    Indeed, I dont mind that much when its about drug dealing, which isnt totally immoral, but being a pimp is a foul thing and really should be socially shunned.

B O R I N G !
  • Options
  • Options
    Pimp My Ride - oh so popular cable trash lite entertainment. Can someone explain prey tell why Tim Westwood was presenting and not DMX/Jayzee or Exhibit (that's the one) who normall presents it was not? I've met Tim Westwood (twice). Is that a world record, who used to fancy an ex-colleague. Anyhow he used to giver her 'shout outs' over the mike at suitably urban gliterrati partées. Tim Westwood is the bomb. Whatever he says can be nothing but funny. He once shouted out: "Bow down and kiss the rain" and a function I was at. Then repeated: "Bow down, kiss the rain, kiss the hand" the rain was a reference to his diamond encrusted bling-bling jewellery. I must say though he looks surprisingly good for 47. YES. 47. Isn't that another world record for a rap DJ>...:-0
  • Options
  • Options
    B O R I N G !

So pimping is a totaly acceptable profession then?
  • Options
    bongbudda wrote:
    So pimping is a totaly acceptable profession then?
    Of course it is. Beating and raping women is something all little boys should aspire to do.
  • Options
    i don't like westwood but i thought they managed to make her car look cool. its alrite for heading down newquay surfing, i'm not sure bout goin to your wedding in it tho,lol
  • Options
    I think you guys are taking this to heart. Everyone knows what a pimp is and does and yes it's totally abhorrent, especially when they have what are known as pimpin or prostitute rings', i.e. network and usage of multiple girls/women.

But whoever started the thread is obviously talking about the lighthearted show where and old banger is done up into a proper looking motor as it were. I can't see anything wrong in this in itself. Pimpin' and expressions like 'we be big pimpin' for better or worse are just black American terms that have slipped into common everyday lingo Stateside. It doesn't however, mean that when rappers like 50 cent call themselves P.I.M.P.S. that was what tehy did in their former in the majority contrived 'ghetto lives.' It's just part of rap bragadoccio, which is entrenched in rap culture and yes obviously referring to women as hoes now and again. But I think it needs to be taling with a large pinch of salt. At the end of the day the vast majority of rappers have never been pimps, rapists or murders. A sizeable minority have been shot, shot people normally not fatally. So to some and perhaps rightly so, rap spells trouble. But it is a leap of faith to acquaint Pimp My Ride TV show with pimping. And Tim Westwood - what an innicent! He won't even go to the Notting Hill Carnival anymore because I think someone tried to get at him. He's a sweetheart and hardly 'cuaght up in the rap game' even if the ageing MC would dearly love to be!
  • Options
    mazza wrote:
    Pimp My Ride - oh so popular cable trash lite entertainment. Can someone explain prey tell why Tim Westwood was presenting and not DMX/Jayzee or Exhibit (that's the one) who normall presents it was not? I've met Tim Westwood (twice). Is that a world record, who used to fancy an ex-colleague. Anyhow he used to giver her 'shout outs' over the mike at suitably urban gliterrati partées. Tim Westwood is the bomb. Whatever he says can be nothing but funny. He once shouted out: "Bow down and kiss the rain" and a function I was at. Then repeated: "Bow down, kiss the rain, kiss the hand" the rain was a reference to his diamond encrusted bling-bling jewellery. I must say though he looks surprisingly good for 47. YES. 47. Isn't that another world record for a rap DJ>...:-0

He's an irritating cunt.
  • Options
  • Options
    Well whoever called you boring was weong on thw last page. As you guys know I'm not the most PC person, so maschismo/mysogyny doesn't bother me (in moderation). But walking down the street and being called a hoe, that's worrying! I'm wondering where you live know GWST. I've been called lots of names down the street by young youths including butters (slang for ugly) but never a hoe. I guess I'd just give as good as it got. For the record no black men I know here or Stateside actually refer to their women as my bitch/hoe whatever. As far as I can see it's the rappers in rap videos...but they have the sway of influence. But I don't think any sensible black American man would call an African woman a hoe/bitch to her face. He wouldn't live to see the next day tbh.
  • Options
  • Options
    mazza wrote:
    But I don't think any sensible black American man would call an African woman a hoe/bitch to her face. He wouldn't live to see the next day tbh.

Very, very true.

Angry black women = very scary.
  • Options
    I can see that the show is light hearted, I have watched a couple myself, what gets to me is the normalisation of the term 'pimp' with good conotations.

Something being 'pimp' or being like a pimp shouldnt be a good thing, this show makes out and continues the idea that pimping is acceptable.
  • Options
    I think there is a difference between aspiring to the "bling", the showy nature of the pimp stereotype, and aspiring to actually being a pimp.

Surely it's possible to see the difference?

However, I do wonder about the approach which the rappers take, given the nature of the lyrics. Having said that, I don't know how they live their lives so it could just be bravado...
  • Options
    Yes of course, aspiring to have a car which is flashy and so on isnt the same as wanting to be a pimp.

It is however part of the culture and it is normalising the 'profession' of being a pimp.
  • Options
    bongbudda wrote:
    It is however part of the culture and it is normalising the 'profession' of being a pimp.

It's certainly a culture thing, but I don't think it is normalising the profession, just the "flashy, attention seeking, look at me" culture we seem to be developing.

It's not really any different to when I was a kid with my first car. The degree has changed (then it was just fat wheels, more spotlights than at a football ground and a cracking stereo) and the reference to having a boy racer's car...
  • Options
    I suppose you are right, there just seems to be a gradual easing of the social stigma which used to be around certain ways of making money, the drug dealer and the pimp are now social heros in certain sections of the community.
  • Options
    In itself Westwood's dreadful TV show doesn't mean anything. It is just a laugh, mostly at the rich middle-aged son of a Bishop thinking he's a homie from da hood.

It a wider context, it is glamourising and normalising pimping and misogyny. If a kid sees everything described as pimpin' he won't understand that in reality this is very bad, language can endorse things far more than people give it credit for. I wn't pretend I know much about black culture because I don't, but from the outside the glamourising of "bling" as something desirable concerns me.

It's not being flash that bothers me about it, every teen is flash about something, and a bling car is no different to a Kenwood Nova of fifteen years ago. It's the whole underlying lexis that comes with it, that denigrates women into nothing more than sexual objects that concerns me.