Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

How do u know u love your partner ?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
What are your reasons why you love them ?

Comments

• Options
    Erm its a bit weird and I might be the only one but i dont have a reason i just have a strong feeling and knowledge that i love him, like there are things i love and hate about him but they are quite inconsequential, he is my family , my friend and my lover and i love him for everything he is.
  • Options
    what pink angel said
  • Options
    :d
  • Options
    How do u know u love your partner ?

cos it says so in deep red ink on my arm.
  • Options
    It's one of those things that you just know.

If you're not sure, you're probably not in love.
  • Options
    its kinda hard to explain....when even though everyone has imperfections, yet they are perfect in your eyes - and you just cant express how much you love them.
    something like that
  • Options
    well he means everything to me and feel realy strongly for him..i'd probably be lonely without him even though i have alot of freinds and family no one could ever replace him..
    thats how i know i love jayj
  • Options
    i just do.

i could give you a list of reasons why i admire him and why we get on, but then i could do that about any of my friends and most of my family, but i'm not in love with any of them. what is it? don't know. there's something special about him, something different. when we are together, everything feels right. it's that simple.

and it doesn't hurt that he's really hot :p
  • Options
    love cannot be articulated.. :thumb:

if you can say that :chin:

well, you should be able to tell if it's just a fling or if it's love.. but there are relationships where maybe one of the partners have no feelings at all.. but that doesnt happen often.. i hope
  • Options
    Scarlet wrote:
    If you're not sure, you're probably not in love.

Possibly, but then for many people they're not sure when they're in love but they are, if you get what i mean. :confused: People realise they're in love just like that.

You know you're in love when she starts buying you darth vaders with wobbly heads :D:p
  • Options
    I just like being around him and want to see him more than I want to see other people. I just get a feeling like hes my family.
  • Options
    Like Ballerina said, little things about him stop bothering you. It's like you're not so much blind to his imperfections, but you don't think about them. You concentrate on the amazing things he does, and can't imagine him no longer being there. He becomes a part of you, and you deeply care about him.
  • Options
    You just are in love, it is impossible to give a good reason. She's pretty and funny and clever and an excellent cook, but so are lots of people, but I don't love them.

If you have to ask you probably aren't in love. But questioning if you are in love isn't abnormal at all, and you often are in love even if you wonder how much.
  • Options
    Possibly, but then for many people they're not sure when they're in love but they are, if you get what i mean. :confused:
    I know, that's why I said probably ;)
  • Options
    I can't really explain it. Being with him just gives me such an amazing feeling. I could sit forever, just talking to him. He's not just my boyfriend, but my friend too. I can trust him completely and tell him absolutely anything. He treats me like a princess and is the only person able to make me feel the way I do. <3
  • Options
    i'm currently asking myself the same question..!

been with my bf nearly 4 months and a few times i've thought bloody hell, i love this man. i think that a lot of the time, but not all of the time so not too sure i feel it properly yet. having said that, i'm in no rush. many of my friends have said it what i'd consider too soon so i guess i feel a bit behind! but i'd rather wait till i'm ready.
  • Options
    if you love them, you just know.
  • Options
    i new i loved my bf from so early on, (after two months) i just had to tell him!i was afriad of his reaction.but sometimes u just have to go with ur heart.when u feel close to someone in every way then what more do you need.hes my first love and i no its love because i feel something iv never felt before and were still goin strong!xoxox
  • Options
    cos it says so in deep red ink on my arm.

:thumb: actions speak louder than words eh?
  • Options
    like kaffrin said...i just do
  • Options
    Unless Youre Ready To Die For This Person, Then Youre Not In Love!!!!
  • Options
    you just know
  • Options
    FilthyChav wrote:
    Like Ballerina said, little things about him stop bothering you. It's like you're not so much blind to his imperfections, but you don't think about them. You concentrate on the amazing things he does, and can't imagine him no longer being there. He becomes a part of you, and you deeply care about him.

Yeah, Ballerina's bit was a tad simplistic....I'm fully aware of my other half's imperfections, just as he is, I'm sure, of mine, but we put up with them because they're only a small part of the bigger picture...the things we have in common, the things we enjoy, the idiosyncracies and the things we love about each other. I think if you're still blind to the other person's imperfections, it's not yet love, but still infatuation
  • Options
  • Options
    the old cliche works well.
    "being stuck in a room full of people and being the only ones there"
    i ahve experianced this and you can get it the first time you meet some one, like that glance and everyone else dissapears.
    or
    when everything you do the thought pattern starts with "what would[insert name]" think or feel or do i.e. you put them first and thats not to say your are whipped i just mean like its always there.
  • Options
    I just know. Its a strong feeling I have. I love my guys to bits, he is my best friend, my family, he is everything to me. Without him, I'd be lonely and wouldn't feel complete. He is my other half.

When he is gone, I miss him like crazy. When I talk to him on the phone, I never want to end the conversation. When we see each other, I never wanna let go of him.

I love his strong bold personality, I love everything about him. I love the way he makes me feel.

When we are together, I feel happy and secure. I feel safe when I'm with him and I feel like nothing is missing. Everything just feels right and how it should be.

I know I love him because I know without him, I couldn't cope. I know that without him, something would be missing. I know I'd do anything for this guy. He is special and different and nobody could ever replace him.

:yes: :yes:

I don't think I could sum up how I feel about my bf any better than that :)
  • Options
    if you love them, you just know.

I tottaly agree!!! :yes: :yes: :yes: :heart::heart: