Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

shaving down below - ladies?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi girls - hope you can provide advice.

When you remove hair down below how do you do it?
Do you do the labia and lips etc?
Does anyone have like some hair inside the outer lips - do u do it?

I have started to do this and I would love others opinions - i have used a sharp razor but I dont know what kind of shaving cream to use - do u use any?

Please help...

Comments

• Options
    it shouldn't matter what we all do... just do whatever is right for you.
    but i would say that waxing is better than shaving. :yes:
  • Options
    I leave it to the lady holding the hot wax i.e. not me.

It isn't cheap, and not for the shy types either, but with such an area like that, I don't want to go there with razors as it only grows back quickly, and the risks of cutting. And I don't like the idea of having chemicals near my reproductive organs just so they can dissolve the hair there. I'm happy enough with waxing as it lasts ages, but you have to experiment to find your own niche :)

p.s. my waxer takes everything off, bar a bit out front, but everything underneath goes.
  • Options
    i've never tried waxking down there....can you wax your labia then? wouldn't that pull and awful lot!? am thinking about it... dont know if i have the guts though to wax there!
  • Options
    i shave but it is a pain cause you need to do it every other day really, i wouldn't worry about the hair inside the outer lips, it's normal but be bloody careful shaving!!
  • Options
    go_away wrote:
    I leave it to the lady holding the hot wax i.e. not me.

It isn't cheap, and not for the shy types either, but with such an area like that, I don't want to go there with razors as it only grows back quickly, and the risks of cutting. And I don't like the idea of having chemicals near my reproductive organs just so they can dissolve the hair there. I'm happy enough with waxing as it lasts ages, but you have to experiment to find your own niche :)

p.s. my waxer takes everything off, bar a bit out front, but everything underneath goes.
    Doesnt that hurt loads?
  • Options
    this here web site may help you, they have hair removing creams for it. and other sites l;ike this one will do. But i just use a razor!! only cut myself once in the last 4 yrs...!!
  • Options
    Doesnt that hurt loads?

Honestly? No, not really. It's uncomfortable for a couple of seconds, but it's over with very quickly. I find having my shins waxed much more painful.
  • Options
    Hi girls - hope you can provide advice.

When you remove hair down below how do you do it?
    Do you do the labia and lips etc?
    Does anyone have like some hair inside the outer lips - do u do it?

I have started to do this and I would love others opinions - i have used a sharp razor but I dont know what kind of shaving cream to use - do u use any?

Please help...

I used 2 have the same problem, i hate the pain of waxing used to get half way through and have 2 ask the beautical to stop. Every month i use a cream to take most of it off as it doesnt hurt all u have to do is wash it off after 5mins. Then for the lips etc i go 2 the beautical and have that bit waxed, which is only a little bit so u dont have 2 put up with the pain for as long as having the whole lot waxed off :thumb:
  • Options
    I used 2 have the same problem, i hate the pain of waxing used to get half way through and have 2 ask the beautical to stop. Every month i use a cream to take most of it off as it doesnt hurt all u have to do is wash it off after 5mins. Then for the lips etc i go 2 the beautical and have that bit waxed, which is only a little bit so u dont have 2 put up with the pain for as long as having the whole lot waxed off :thumb:

Doesn't that mean that the hair grows back at different rates? I've got to book a wax soon for el holiday. I don't know if I've got the guts to whip it all off despite really wanting to! Also I found creams last...well, a few days - although loads doesn't grow at any particular length, I do notice something returning quickly and then a slow growing of length!
  • Options
    Doesn't that mean that the hair grows back at different rates? I've got to book a wax soon for el holiday. I don't know if I've got the guts to whip it all off despite really wanting to! Also I found creams last...well, a few days - although loads doesn't grow at any particular length, I do notice something returning quickly and then a slow growing of length!
    Yer it does but so its all the way u want it the bits that come back quicker just use a razor to tidy it up. The first few times of having the whole lot taken off does hurt but u get used 2 the pain (but saying that still hurts and makes ya eyes water. But if u get a cream that stops it growing back as fast makes it easiler.
  • Options
    don't you ladies get a bit embarressed goin to the waxing place and getting you bits out just like that?
  • Options
    sprocket wrote:
    don't you ladies get a bit embarressed goin to the waxing place and getting you bits out just like that?

I don't. The waxer has seen it all before, and she has one herself.
  • Options
    I just use a razor.
    Its quick and easy, no pain!
    I never get itchy or anything when its growing back either.
    Def couldnt get waxed im not a pain person lol