Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Young with a problem.. how solve it?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
here's a question with no answer...

how - if you seriously can't go see a "doctor", and have suspicions over one or more: lets call it a disease*, or a problem.. how do you solve it? I mean, i do suffer from very-extremly very- paranoi.. and have constant anxieties and worries at some occasions at nothing... but i mean, when i read the problems list in this site.. talking about male STD's and penile problems... and the descriptions made.. it does fit in.. but not totally.. i feel it's hard talking about it..... because this post really does seem inappropriate.. but this is a site for asking isn't it? so why not take advantage of it..? now, the Q is... how do u for 100% know if you do have some kind of problem... if the problem you suspect you have doesnt purely fit into the description of it...

sorry for posting it in anything goes.. i was jsut distracted.. sry :rolleyes:

Comments

• Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    The only true diagnosis would be that of a doctor.
  • Options
    well, if that's not an opportunity? am i screwed then? :(
  • Options
    yesterday you were asking what anxiety and paranoia are...?!
  • Options
    no, that wasnt me.. that was anonymous.. the 12 yr old - as he is known :thumb:
  • Options
    whats there to be paranoid about...
  • Options
    quarfly wrote:
    no, that wasnt me.. that was anonymous.. the 12 yr old - as he is known :thumb:

ah sorry my bad!
  • Options
    well, no problems caused :thumb: , id call it anxious.. because of paranoia
  • Options
    quarfly wrote:
    how - if you seriously can't go see a "doctor"

I would ask why, if you think that you have a problem, you serious "can't" go and see a doctor...
    how do u for 100% know if you do have some kind of problem...

Even a doctor will only give you a diagnosis on the balance of probabilities. There aren't many occasions when they can be 100% sure.

Either way, they are much likely to have an idea that anyone on these boards.
  • Options
    yeah, but i really cant go see a doctor.. and this isnt argueable.. just is that way.. unfortunately.. but i feel at some stages im only anxious... and i need someone to relieve them.. plus, i know diagnosis aren't fully guaranteed.. and there can be rights and wrongs.. but i need to be relieved of my anxieties.. and it isnt working right now, since i cant fully "compare" the description on the site to my description
  • Options
    But how do you think you will be relieved, without a "proper" diagnosis which a doctor will give you.

I truly cannot believe that you "can't" go and see a doctor.
  • Options
    go see a doctor.
  • Options
    well, the thing is.. i dont want to see a doctor.. because i "feel"... and i really do.. that i cant.. because it's not like i'll just go out of the house and take a stroll to the doctor and everything's perfect.. i'd have to inform the parents... and they'd ask.. and ask...and ask... and when that's done... they'll ask again.. and finally, when i decide to go there, they'd be following me.. and then when the diagnosis takes part.. there'd be this doctor who really has troubling communicating... and this i know for sure... otherwise i'd be there now, and wouldn't post this thread in this forum :crying:
  • Options
    fair enough, but then you can't expect help medically if you wont go to the doctor - you'll have to put up with it.
  • Options
    err, yes, that's why im posting this thread
  • Options
    quarfly wrote:
    i dont want to see a doctor..

That's more like it. It's an important difference.
    because i "feel"... and i really do.. that i cant.. because it's not like i'll just go out of the house and take a stroll to the doctor and everything's perfect.. i'd have to inform the parents... and they'd ask.. and ask...and ask... and when that's done... they'll ask again.. and finally, when i decide to go there, they'd be following me.. and then when the diagnosis takes part.. there'd be this doctor who really has troubling communicating... and this i know for sure... otherwise i'd be there now, and wouldn't post this thread in this forum :crying:

But you won't get the kind of help you need from these boards. That's a FACT.

I'm not sure why you will have to tell your parents anything, but then I don't really know anything about you. However, if you really believe that you have a problem then you have a responsibility to yourself to do whatever is necessary to deal with it.

It may be hard, but is it really going to be any worse that what you are going through right now?
  • Options
    actually, when i think about it, i'd rather be in this anxious state, than having to talk to my parents about the whole "growing up phase", and "it's all normal", "you don't have to be ashamed"

and if i decide to take a trip to GUM, or whatever it's called in english.. -.-, i WILL, and WILL, have to tell my parents... it's not like i can tell them im at my friend's house and everything's fine.. it's more than that.
  • Options
    But if you think you need GUM, you should go. Soon.

Living in a state of anxiety is nothing compared to what you could face if you really do have a problem.

FFS seek medical help. I think you'll find your parents more supportive than you think. They will always want you to be healthy...
  • Options
    no.. just can't go.. :crying:

besides, i checked the problem i thought i had, and it's partly fading away.. :o, if it worsens, then i'll just have to do what you said....
  • Options
    i'm confused... is your problem anxiety / paranoia or something physical???
    whatever your problem is if you want to "solve it" or get it properly diagnosed you are going to have to see your gp... or if it is to do with sexual health - go to a gum clinic and get it checked out. and your gp is bound by confidentiality so the only way your parents could find out is if you volunteer the information... but tbh if there is something seriously wrong i'd say its better to get it treated and sorted out rather than keep it a secret on the off chance that your folks find out. - trying to hide it and not seek medical help is just plain stupid imo. but, what exactly is it that you think is wrong???
  • Options
    I don't understand why your parents would know that you visited a GUM clinic, its confidential.
  • Options
    quarfly wrote:
    they'd be following me.. :
    the paranoia is showing.
  • Options
    quarfly wrote:
    no.. just can't go.. :crying:

oh well, just grin and bear it instead then They told you what to do but no sit on your arse and do nowt :thumb:
  • Options
    the paranoia is showing.
    seems to be.

just thinking though... how does paranoia start :confused:
    is it possible to MAKE someone paranoid by really doing shit like that and putting fear into them for fear it happens again..... so then they become paranoid?!
    or is it just a mental illness that doesn't have any reasons behind it???
  • Options
    otter wrote:
    seems to be.

just thinking though... how does paranoia start :confused:
    is it possible to MAKE someone paranoid by really doing shit like that and putting fear into them for fear it happens again..... so then they become paranoid?!
    or is it just a mental illness that doesn't have any reasons behind it???
    paranoia ..irrational/unfounded fear.
  • Options
    ahhh! understand now. :)
  • Options

aye, brought on by a wanker who tells you that your a fat cunt :mad:
  • Options
    BeckyBoo wrote:
    aye, brought on by a wanker who tells you that your a fat cunt :mad:
    just spit in the wankers eye.
  • Options
    just spit in the wankers eye.
    aye. that'll do the trick. ;)
  • Options
    I'm sorry but as much as you want help, none of us here can help you. If you really do think you have a problem you MUST see a medical proffesional. Sure, it's a hard step to make, but it has to be made. If you can't do it without your parents knowing then tell them the truth. I am sure they will be willing to help regardless of the problem. You are their child...and I am sure they care about you more than you can imagine.

Sorry we can't help you. You need to help yourself by seeking medical attention...
  • Options
    the problem is.. i think the worst of everything... then i start browsing the web about infections etc, and then my anxiety grows and grows.. and it aint stopping.. besides, i live in sweden, and i just cant see myself taking a trip to GUM..

in swedish it's called: penila papler... and to think about it.. i'd say it'd be called penile paplers.. it surrounds the edge of the glans and they are white coloured.. they inherit no danger.. luckily.. but that's not what my anxiety is about.. it's than when i get an erection.. i can't fully pull back the skin.. it comes down.. and exposes the glans... but i somehow get the feeling i should be able to pull it back further.. it said in one of the pages i have been browsing, that this can be treated with surgery.. and... shit, i dont know what to do.. this is becoming too much for me too bear... plus, i can pull the skin down... so that the glans is exposed, but not as far down as i have seen in a picture in a description... if im having problems pulling it down / exposing the glans, then i'll just have to take a stroll to GUM, and just maybe tell my parents... still can't see myself telling my parents.. must be terrible... :crying: :crying: :crying: