Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Bio oil.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i have this kind of nasty scar on my leg from shaving..i've brought some bio oil and i just want to know who else uses it, how good are the results for scares, how long did you have to use it/have been using it for?
the pagaging /website doesnt really give other peoples stories about it you see..

Comments

• Options
    Not sure but I know someone who uses Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula that has Vitamin E in it and that has smoothed the scares and blended them in in just a few weeks. Obviously they are still visible but it's working quite well so far.
  • Options
    I have lost of cuts and burns on the tops of my legs and I started using Bio oil about a week ago and I can really notice the effects already. There's a BIG difference if my scars and I have lots of new cuts that heal alot quicker too. Remember to appyly it 2 thimes a day generously. It really works and It had got to the stage for me that I didn't think anything would work but It really makes a difference (I'm not being paid by the company or anything lol!! it is really really good)
  • Options
    I have two permanant marks on my knees from accidents whilst horse riding. They are like red circles- wierd! Do you think this stuff will clear them?
  • Options
    I think it probably would or atleast make them less noticable. you should deffinatly give it a try, its ₤10 for a 60ml bottle in superdrug and that lasts about 2-3months if you apply it every day 3 times a day
  • Options
    you can get for £9.something from superdrug and £8.something from boots!
    but theres a website where you can get for £6.99
    http://www.multipharmacy.com/shop/customer/search.php?substring=bio+oil

i been using it over a week and have applied it 3 times a day it working a bit my boyfriends says its improved
    i've used palmers coca butter cream and that just didnt work at all.
  • Options
    anything with vitamin e in it will help if you rub it onto your skin.
    is the scar recent or old?
  • Options
    if that was for me otter
    then the scar is quite old just started wearing short stuff so it shows up now and i hate it :confused:
  • Options
    sweet_gal wrote:
    if that was for me otter
    then the scar is quite old just started wearing short stuff so it shows up now and i hate it :confused:
    :yes: it was for you :p
    vitamin e then. buy some vitamin e capsules that you are supposed to swallow but break them open instead and rub it onto your scar. problem with old scars is they are very difficult to heal / make disappear. you could try concealement stuff like dermablend if you want to hide it though?!
  • Options
    Dermablend isn't available in the UK though is it?
  • Options
    'Tis indeed available here. Looks pretty good: http://www.dermablend.co.uk/
  • Options
    Thanks otter !
    do you think e45 would be any good?

Girl interupted how long have you been using bio oil for and when did it start working for you?

ive been using it 2 weeks on wednesday and its not made a great deal of an improvement!
  • Options
    Have you ever brought from Garden.co.uk before? I was gonna buy some stuff off their for a mates b/day?
  • Options
    Nope i didnt even know that the website existed till now (the garden one)
    it looks good, as in says it will deliver next day!