Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

sex drive gone AWOL

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi

Over the last few weeks my sex drive has totally vanished. I still love being affectionate with my boyfriend and I still fancy him. I just don't want sex and when we kiss I enjoy it but it doesn't turn me on instead kisses feel comforting and affectionate.

Is there any reason that this could have happened? How do I get it back?

Phoenix

Comments

• Options
    maybe its your body's way of telling you that you need a rest from it

Just do what you want to do and dont rush it to come back

Are you on any medication?
  • Options
    this is normal.. some ppl just have a temporarily break in their lust.. but can be caused by medication as... "blah" said.. :D it'd go over soon, if ure not on meds or if...it happens :thumb:
  • Options
    I've been put on prozac but it can't be that as the lack of sex drive started before the meds
  • Options
    stuff on your mind?
  • Options
    stress and depression often makes people lose their sex drive. an then so can anti-depressants.
  • Options
    I've been put on prozac but it can't be that as the lack of sex drive started before the meds
    Well there you go. Depression often zaps the libido out of existance, and then one of the side effects of certain antidepressants is loss of sex drive.
  • Options
    Exercise often increases the libido, plus it can help to lighten depression. Good luck.
  • Options
    ClaireBearClaireBear Deactivated Posts: 467 Listening Ear
    Hiya,
    You might find some of the information in this Q&A useful. And there's a really interesting article on the BBC Relationships Website that's probably worth reading.

Hope you're OK,
    CB