Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Continue with or not?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I went out with someone for a year and a half. It was my longest relationship. We argued a lot over all kinds of things and broke up as a result recently. I have started seeing someone else, but not exactly seriously. I have fun with them and like them, but not to the same extent. Maybe its a bit forced. I thought it would make me move on, but it hasnt yet. I guess its just a rebound. I find myself going to places with them that my ex introduced me to. Its wierd. Do you think i should continue with this and maybe it will work? Or let it slide? Maybe i should give it more time...People who know me say i should go for it, that it will take my mind off things!

Comments

• Options
    I started seeing someone about two weeks after my ex broke up with me. We'd been together over five years and I wasn't ready to move on. Looking back I didn't really find him attractive, and he was boring too... I was on the rebound. It only lasted two weeks or so, I think he realised I wasn't really that into him.

My advice would be to follow your heart.
  • Options
    Yeah im sure im pretty much just using him. Im acting the majority of the time. Its kind of bad, as hes quite nice. My ex doesnt seem to mind that we have broken up though so ill probably continue with this slightly fake thing. The person already appears to really like me. Im sure i can keep up the act, maybe they will grow on me more.
  • Options
    Fairy wrote:
    Yeah im sure im pretty much just using him. Im acting the majority of the time.

I think you've answered your own question Madame Fairy. Perhaps it would be wise to have some time on your own for now, to clear your head and get yourself back on your feet. :yes:
  • Options
    well, an ex is an ex, and just going out with someone (you dont even like at all, which mayb u do, i dunno) that you dont like, isnt that a good idea either.. but do what u feel is right,that is probably the best thing in any situation...

i'll emphasise probably, just to be on the safer side :D
  • Options
    Well i stupidly rang my ex this morning after having a dream about talking to him on the phone! Im already regretting it. I hate it when exs pretend to still care about you. It just makes it worse!
  • Options
    I was talkin to my ex about this the other week we split up and e got with someone bout three weeks later hadly saw didnt speak on the phone much just texted mainly and he said that he texted and spoke to me more than he did/does her...anyway one night I saw him when I was out and I ended goin back to his, we both felt guilty the following day, we met up on the night and was having a talk and I asked why he was with her, he said he didnt know but at the time he got with her we he hadnt seen me for a month and wed had no contact...he said that he knows he cant stay with her because it is just rebound and it makes it worse with what happened with us... He is finishing with her tomorrow when he sees her I think cuz he doesnt want to do it over the phone or text...

I got talkin to a lad when I was out, my mate knew him, I was talkin to him which was fine but he asked me to meet up and my mates were eggin me on, but I knew its not what I wanted so I was honest and explained...

Honestly chick if its rebound then get out now, give yourself time to grieve over your ex cuz if you dont and things go pear shaped with this other fella then you'll feel even worse! Honest Ive seen it happen to people!
    xx
  • Options
    Hey Brummy Bird, im sure you are right. But i generally end up doing the wrong thing! Im just confused about everything at the moment. Maybe i should just get out of the country for a while! Or perhaps a few games of pool will set my head straight! (i wish!)
  • Options
    Fairy wrote:
    Hey Brummy Bird, im sure you are right. But i generally end up doing the wrong thing! Im just confused about everything at the moment. Maybe i should just get out of the country for a while! Or perhaps a few games of pool will set my head straight! (i wish!)

hehe I know the feelin bout bein confused! Ive got loadsa stuff goin on with my ex about whether we should get back together or not?!?! nightmare! so I might join ya on that trip out the country!

Anyway if u wana chat pm me..

x
  • Options
    hehe I know the feelin bout bein confused! Ive got loadsa stuff goin on with my ex about whether we should get back together or not?!?! nightmare! so I might join ya on that trip out the country!

Anyway if u wana chat pm me..

x

:p Cheers! One thing about ringing him...it did remind me how much he can annoy me! The sad thing is hes taking his time returning my things, blatently just to annoy me. Im going to unlease some anger in the pool hall :)
  • Options
    I think ive figured out my ex is not worth it considering all the shit hes caused me! I gave him way too much and wasted so much time on him! He had way too much baggage and was almost certainly gay anyway. Think ill listen to my friends next time round! As for this person, well whatever happens, happens. Im sure ill meet some people when i start my new uni in Sep!
  • Options
    Are you guys desperate or something? Why the hell would you stay with someone if they have a lot of baggage, cause a lot of shit, are unattractive and boring. Serisously and 5 years of that, that's rather pathetic unless you just want to have sex with that person or claim you have a bf.
  • Options
    sexpod wrote:
    Are you guys desperate or something? Why the hell would you stay with someone if they have a lot of baggage, cause a lot of shit, are unattractive and boring. Serisously and 5 years of that, that's rather pathetic unless you just want to have sex with that person or claim you have a bf.

Well they wernt boring or unattractive in my case. Simply screwed up,immature and in need of therapy! Yer 1 1/2 years of that is enough to last a lifetime! I really didnt realise what i was in for! Guess you have to learn from your mistakes! I am most definately avoiding men in gay clubs from now on, not that im homophobic! Just have a bad memory from one now! I wasnt setting out to get a gay boyfriend! Guess i should have thought about it more carefully at the beginning! If i could id turn back the clock i would never have been there in the first place! It can be hard to let go of people sometimes, even when you know its not right! Oh well! I want something simple and fun!
  • Options
    Starting to like this new person more now, but im not sure if its just because i like having someone around to be close with or not?! There is definately some kind of attraction factor. I know if i could change things my ex and i wouldnt have argued so much over everything and still be together. Glad the new person is completely different, would be harder otherwise! Guess i just shouldnt take it too seriously and enjoy.
  • Options
    sexpod wrote:

love is blind. u cant choose who u fall in love with
  • Options
    Blah wrote:
    love is blind. u cant choose who u fall in love with

Thats definately true!