Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

weird stomach pains -bread?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
basically yesterday and today i have been having very strange pains in my stomach area.
yesterday i had toast for breakfast and then i started developing pains in my stomach and back and feeling sick. it wasn't immediate and i thought it might be a bit of period pain.
today instead of toast for my breakfast i had branflakes but then i just had a sandwich for lunch and these pains have started again but feel worse today. i feel really bloated all of a sudden and hot and sick too.

i have never had this feeling before and i'm wondering whether it has something to do with eating bread. does anyone have any ideas/experiences?

thanks for your help x

Comments

• Options
    i guess it's possible, but problems with bread usually stem from wheat, gluten or both, and as bran flakes are usually made from wheat bran, if it were that, i'd have thought they would have set it off too.

stop eating bread for a few days and see if it goes away?
  • Options
    wheat or gluten allergy possibly.
    but has this only just started happening???
  • Options
    yeh it has only just started happening. i phoned my medic friend and she thinks it is unlikely to be something related to wheat or gluten because it was a sudden onset.

im just gona see how goes. its just it was quite painful and i was really bloated and its still kinda there now.

thanks for your help
  • Options
    IBS can feel like that... dunno if bread could set it off though...

Thesite's info on IBS