Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Bikini wax

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Idid one myself this morning with melted wax. OMG it was hot! Was i supposed to let it cool down first? Anyway i waxed away, but only half of the hair came off. So i read the leaflet and it says shorter hairs may not come off and to pluck them! Agony! I wouldn't recommend waxing or plucking your pubes!! :shocking:

Comments

• Options
    I find it's best to leave it to the pro's - I was fairly pleased with mine last year (summer thing defoo) but like, as some were shorter than others, I used tiny wax strips at home and nabbed the little beggars after they'd grown a little
  • Options
    Ouch!! Sounds painful.

I've made the mistake of trying to wax my bikini line at home and it was a disaster. So painful and like you, all the hair didn't come out. Also I'm just not brave enough to put myself through the pain. I always go to a salon now.
  • Options
    The only person I trust with hot wax and my lady parts is Cassie at the Greenhouse
  • Options
    it hurts when you DIY coz u need at least three hands - one to pull the skin taut either side of the strip and one to pull. its hard to get the angles right yourself.
  • Options
    does anyone get the whole lot waxed off?
    Id like to but 1. think id get ingrown hairs, and 2. think it must be incredibly embarrassing.
  • Options
    Doesnt it like, hurt like a bitch?
  • Options
    Doesnt it like, hurt like a bitch?

You'd think so, wouldn't you?! :crazyeyes
  • Options
    I wax myself all the time. I found the best stuff. It's called sugri-wax, for private parts. And one kind, in the pink box ;) It comes with a numbing agent, an after wax liquid and all that fun stuff. It doesn't use strips and it comes with fun stencils. My fiancee waxed a heart in me on my last time. I've never had a problem getting all the hair removed and only once had an ingrown hair which I just tweazed out and all shoings of it was gone after a few days. Though that part of you thats right next to your lips is so damn sensitive I cannot wax it myself and always have to have somebody else do it otherwise I can't get any hair off cuz I wuss out.
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    You can get after waxing treatments to stop ingrown hairs, I know Bliss do one.
  • Options
    I once tried to do my own leg wax and i really ballsed that up :) i've decided if ever i want something doing e.g fake tan, waxing etc. i'm leaving it up to the professionals as i'm just not made for DIY beauty. :D
    Going for a leg wax in a week, not too worried now as the lady seemed lovely who was talking to me about doing it and that put me at ease.
    Does waxing tend to leave you with ingrown hairs then? I sort of thought that it left you with less than a shave would? I'm a bit clueless to be honest. :blush: Was going to ask the lady when i went to get my legs done.
  • Options
    they see girly bits all the time do beauticians.....
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    I wax myself all the time. I found the best stuff. It's called sugri-wax, for private parts. And one kind, in the pink box ;) It comes with a numbing agent, an after wax liquid and all that fun stuff. It doesn't use strips and it comes with fun stencils. My fiancee waxed a heart in me on my last time. I've never had a problem getting all the hair removed and only once had an ingrown hair which I just tweazed out and all shoings of it was gone after a few days. Though that part of you thats right next to your lips is so damn sensitive I cannot wax it myself and always have to have somebody else do it otherwise I can't get any hair off cuz I wuss out.

Wow i want some!
  • Options
    oh and sat, on the sugri, it gives quite an acurate time of heating so there is no guessing and its not hot.
  • Options
    i couldnt find anything about it on the net.
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    only once had an ingrown hair

Lucky! Sorry to kind of wander off the subject but, do ingrow hairs (like the red/purplely colour) disappear after a while? Cuz for some reason I have quite a few :( and it looks kinda awful!
  • Options
    If you squeeze the ingrown hair like you would a spot or scratch the surface the hair should pop out and you can pluck it.
  • Options
    it hurts when you DIY coz u need at least three hands - one to pull the skin taut either side of the strip and one to pull. its hard to get the angles right yourself.
    Thats 2 hands isn't it? - 1+1 = 2!
  • Options
    Thats 2 hands isn't it? - 1+1 = 2!

One either side.
  • Options
    dya think getting a professional wax would reduce the chances of getting ingrowing hairs, compared to a home wax?
  • Options
    Definatley.
  • Options
    does anyone get the whole lot waxed off?

I'm too lazy to read through everyone else's post but for me, I have been getting brazilian waxes(sp?) for a few years. It is the most painful thing in the world. (but im kinda a wuss). It's definetly worth it. I'd suggest (if you dont already) to start shaving before you consider getting a brazilian bikini wax (the whole thing off). Where they wax just for a bikini wax didnt hurt at all for me but as she got closer to the middle, it hurt like a bitch. It was awkward at first but after going there so much, I got comfortable (they see so many crotches a day that yours is just one more-thats the way i look at it).But i hated wearing the paper undies. She gave me a choice first if i wanted to wear my own panties or wear the paper ones.

The last wax I got, was about 2 hours before I went to The Used concert (and no i didnt get it because i thought I'd pull one of them :p ) but my waxer lost track of time so i didnt have any time left to go home and wash the wax off. :blush: So I went to the concert with a sticky crotch. (it was bearable though)

dya think getting a professional wax would reduce the chances of getting ingrowing hairs, compared to a home wax?

I think it all depends on the person. Some peole get them, even with waxing or shaving and some dont. I got them but it wasnt as bad when i waxed myself. I think it's best to let the professionals handle that.
  • Options
    I think im gonna carry on shaving tbh. i dnt want to risk the ingrown hairs, cos I AM prone to them even with shaving. I think id just end up with spots.
  • Options
    Well i am quite chuffed with myself now as i managed a half leg wax without screaming/crying/being in too much pain. :D She even persuaded me to have my eyebrows done (freebie!) so am now convinced i'm not as much of a wuss as i thought i was. So next time i might even manage my whole leg and bikini line. well maybe.... :lol:
    Not sure how good my eyebrows look, not used to seeing me with groomed brows to be honest. Usually look like one of sesame street :blush: