Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

smart casual

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i have an occasion where i am required to dress "smart/casual"

can someone explain to me some examples of what to wear because i am clueless! What i feel is smart or casual could be entirely different for someone else!

Comments

• Options
    I hate that term - it's the most ambigious one in the history. Blokes have it a bit easier in this one - smart is trousers, blazor shirt and tie - smart/casual means trousers, shirt without a tie and blazor, less formalised.

A time I've been to one, all the girlies turned up in pretty tops and mini skirts mainly. Some had smart trousers and the same very pretty tops - sorry if that doesn't help. It's not casual in the sense that you wear everyday clothes, but you could wear a pair of really nice jeans with a going out top...does that help?
  • Options
    id say it meant not jeans and trainers.
    Ie nice pair of trousers or skirt, with a pretty top.
  • Options
    im lucky as my style is smart casual.
    Normally have jeans with shoes rather than trainers and a pretty top. Tend to dress it up with jewelry and do my hair and make up nicely compared to casual when i wear jeans and t shirt with trainers etc

Depends on the situation. Local club says smart casual, but i go pretty casual and get in. just wear demin skirt,plain tank top and flat shoes and its not big deal.

generally use accesories to dress up.
    Also dresses can make you look dressed up but still quite casual depending on what you team them with.
  • Options
    I also have a visit next week at my new job, at a big oil company, where I've been told to dress smart casual. I'm just going to go with a smart pair of black trousers and a plain 3/4 sleaved jersey.