Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Cut on clit

I woke up this morning with my knickers all stuck to me like a front wedgie I fixed the problem and went back to sleep I woke up about an hour later and my clit felt really sore. When I investigated the problem I discovered I have a lil tiny nick type cut just on the tip of my clit. Its not so sore anymor but its itchy. No other area around those parts are itchy so its not thrush or an sti/d or anything.
For a college assignment I had to do some research about female circumsition and it said that one type is when they just nick the tip of the clit. Its not possible that my knickers have circumsised me is it? I know I sound really daft right now but its my clit and I need it so I'm getting a bit panicy.

Is there anything I can do or put on it that will heal it up quickly?
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    id probably bathe it with saline solution

never heard of female circumcision though, so i wouldnt know about that bit..
  • Options
    Whats saine solution?
  • Options
    salt water.. i think. its probably just a scrach. I think ther are deeper cuts involved in female circumcision. It should heal in a few days, but in the mean time stay away from sex and masterbation.
  • Options
    can someone explain female circumcision to me?

*eyes watering already*
  • Options
    can someone explain female circumcision to me?

*eyes watering already*
    http://www.amnesty.org/ailib/intcam/femgen/fgm1.htm
  • Options
    one of my mates is circumsized....she has nothing in between her vaginal lip things apparently :s

oh and maybe if you put some sort of soothing cream on it ....that might help
  • Options
    oh my god. thats awful. :(
  • Options
    I've put a bit of sudocream on it and its not hurting anymore. Only problem now is that I cant wear undies till its healed cos they keep rubbing on it.
  • Options
    Amira wrote:
    one of my mates is circumsized....she has nothing in between her vaginal lip things apparently :s
    :crying:
  • Options
    female circumcision I think is one of the worst things one human can do to another.

Imagine the uproar if a culture was discovered where it was acceptable to castrate boys at birth. Yet female circumcision is readily accepted by a lot of cultures.

Hope you get better soon zella
  • Options
    geez, the testimony on the link that was posted a few posts away must've been a terrible experience.. as i dont know by being a male how it even feels, :thumb:she still i bet had an extreme agonising experience. I just feel like crying :crying: :crying:
  • Options
    i actually feel a bit strange and queezy after reading that!!
  • Options
    Blah wrote:
    i actually feel a bit strange and queezy after reading that!!

heh you and me both!

hope it heals ok zella :)
  • Options
    I've not put some anticeptic cream on it and some thrush stuff to reduce risk of infection and stop it being all swollen (with it decided to do(swell not infect)) I'm hoping this will be gone by tomorrow evening cos I want to wear a skirt as its gonna be so hot and if I wear a skirt I have to wear pants.
  • Options
    if you wear cotton pants that arent too tight and dont rub, it should be ok. If its no better by tommorow, then I personally would nip to the doctors.
  • Options
    Its alot better this morning. I put a ton of antiseptic cream on it before i went to bed and its cleared up a ton. Just a lil red dot now. I'm gonna put more on before I leave for work and it should be healed by tonight if it keeps healing at this rate.

Lol I got all paranoid last night cos on nip/tuck they did an episode on female circumsision and I thought it might have been a sign! But its all ok.

Thank you for your replys:)
  • Options
    Considering people pierce their clitorises I dont think you are likely to damage yourself long term, but im not surprised it hurts a bit.
  • Options
    Just make an appointment with s female doctor to put your mind at rest. As it's a sensitive area it might take a bit longer to heal up. But you should visit your GP , especially if it's slightly swollen.

FYI - feamle circumcision orgenital mutilation, as the organisations involved in eradicating it now prefer to call it is practised in various places worldwide, i.e in some parts of Africa, Saudi Arabia and Greece/Cyprus even in some instances (this is quite rare tbh, mainly in certain African countries and predominantly the Muslim ones.) It is NOT to do with the repression of Third World women by men actually, but shock horror perpetrated in teh vast majority of cases by women upon other women, so I would describe it as a kind of 'female mysogyny. In many african countries like Gambia where my Dad's from they brought in laws to ban the practice, but it stil goes on in mainly the remote villagey areas.

Female circumcision is not comparable to nicking yourself - so don't worry. There are three (sometimes sour) types practised.

1. Clitoral circumcusion (where the entire clitoris skin covering is stripped off
    2. Female excision (clitoris is partially cut away and labia may be trimmed for want of a better expression
    3.Female infibulation (yes it sounds horrible and it is all genitalia cut away and this is where it gets contemplated type 4 the severest form not to stitch or to stitch, i.e women's vaginal canal stitched up so she cannot have sex until she's married where the entry of a penis will unstitch.

Not intending to make any of you feel sick, but some of you seem confused about the facts. If any of you saw NIp Tuck last night tehy showed a women who had the infabulation done but was unstitched and given an ioperation to restore vaginal sensation (so plastic surgery being used for some good for once) courtesy of Julian McMahon. But the really sick bit in my opinion was that he decided to have sex with her straight after the operation. I kno I know it's just a trashy American TV show.

If you're wondering why I knmow so much about this disturbing topic is that many moons ago my Mum headed a campaign to raise awareness throughout Africa and stop it happening. Oh and it was my GCSE extended English language discursive topic (my teacher loved it (not.) I think I made her throw up. Oops.
  • Options
    I wasn't actually sure what female circumcision involved before, but that's horrible. I feel queasy :sour:
  • Options
    Zella wrote:
    Its not possible that my knickers have circumsised me is it?
    you made me spill my drink! :lol::p
    no its not possible.
  • Options
    If you go to google images, and type in female genital mutilation there is actually a picture on there. I think its extremely sad.
  • Options
    I was thinking about thrush last night, is it possible that you can have thrush without any of the normal symptoms apart from tenderness? And if it is possible how possible that the pressure from it would have just gone pop?

It seems to be healing up nicely but its all tingly this morning and I'm not sure if thats a good or a bad thing.