Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Friends That Change over Time

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I have a friend that I've known for about 11 years now.

Basically he talks a lot of crap .. always has done since I first known him, he used to make stuff about himself to make himself seem better then he really is to others so they'll be impressed.

I think a lot of this comes from being very inwardly insecure about himself although to the outside world he appears like Mr Confidence.

Anyway for all thse years he's only ever made himself look better by making stuff up about himself, but lately he's now turned to make himself look better not by lifting himself up but by putting others down.

For instance I was telling him about this very interesting chap I met and his comment to me was "Well YOU might be easily impressed but I'm not"

He also has started responding to anything you say with comments like "Well I told you that 5 years ago" or "I knew that 8 years ago" .. trying to make out any original idea you have was his originally.

He's also now got the need to win any argument - even if it mean creating an argument when no one else wants to argue .. for instance travelling back in the car he missed a turning so I suggested an alternative route back home, he did this and then kept on insisting he was the one to show me the route in the first place, and kept on and on about it, so I said fine, but he kept on about it again and inthe end the only thing I could do to shut him up was to remind him I worked for 2 companies in the area and found that route to get me to work, after which he finally stopped going on about it.

I think a lot of these changes have happened since he got married.

The other day was the final straw when he rung me up and passed the phone over to some guy to whom he'd promised I'd be doing a website for him, thing is he never even asked me first just did it ...

So I wrote him an email telling him not to do that kind of thing again but still offered to cover his butt and do the website so he doesn't look bad infront of his client ... but he took 3 days and then replied saying how I've changed .. which is a bit funny cos if I have it's because I'm probabaly reacting to the way he's treatng me... what is also annoying is that if you ask him days in advance if you want to do something "He'll reply .. not enough notice" .. but he thought 30 seconds was enough notice to tell me about this client just as he hands the phone over to him.

I'm off to spain late on Sunday for 8 days .. I've still not replied to his email and to be honest not sure if I can be bothered - I have written a reply but not yet emailed it over.

Anywayone else had a friend change on them over time? if so what happened?

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Never had it happen to me but he sounds a bit of a prat.