Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

cystitis

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
ok so this morning i wake up with the classic symptoms of cystitis

ive been looking at things that can trigger it, and was just wondering if using baby powder, or scented toilet roll could trigger it? Because those are the only things different i have done lately that could of triggered it.

Ive started a course of boots cystitis relief and it seems to be helping so far, but its so uncomfortable! i cant seem to relax!

Comments

• Options
    Poor you :( I've had it once before but it was caused by rough sex :blush: dunno if scented products can cause it though...although i think they can cause an inbalance in natural acids or something which can irritate things down there!
  • Options
    Scented products can cause it - tis why you shouldn't used perfumed products and such whilst washing down there if it can be avoided. I had it not long ago, but still found myself really uncomfortable internally. Without any other symptoms but it being incredibly painful to have nookie, I was told I had thrush as well, so if it remains uncomfortable, there's a chance...?

I was thinking about scented toilet paper and thought about scented things on your bits are never recommended so why do they sell them! Mind you I've used scented toilet paper of recent at a friends and it hasn't done anything...I'm still rather weary mind you!

Tight fitting underwear, rough nookie...there's a page on here somewhere which lists them...

Sucks - cranberry juice as is always suggested. I feel your pain...!

Malt x
  • Options
    Cystitis

and just in case because I literally had no other symptoms but painfullness after nookie:

Thrush
  • Options
    cheers peeps!

i'll carry on with this sachet stuff cos it seems to be doing the trick, been drinking lots too

eta: gonna tell my mum to stop buying scented toilet roll!
  • Options
    i read somewhere that cystitis from sex is due to bruising of bladder and urethra - is that true?
  • Options
    i read somewhere that cystitis from sex is due to bruising of bladder and urethra - is that true?
    hiya

There's some info on the Patient UK website titled 'cystitis related to having sex', which says "There may also be slight damage to your urethra that encourages bacteria to thrive".
  • Options
    I was told to drink lots of cranberry juice as that makes you less likely to get it.
    Also was told that afteri had sex i should go to the toilet if possible as that decreases the risks.