Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

new hairdo help!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
does anyone know if there are any free sites that you can upload a picture of yourself and try new hairstyles on to see if they'll suit you?

i know there's thehairstyler.com (or something like that) where you can try them on models, but how useful is that, really? and you have to pay to do your own. annoying.

i'm after a new do, and have seen one i love, but it has a fringe, and although i've been told that it would probably suit me, i think there's a fair possibility it might make me look about 11, and want to try it out first.

i've tried clipping my hair up to have a look, but cause it's so layered, i can't get a good look, and just look mental.

Comments

• Options
    theres one on ivillage

i find them all crap though because they never have the hairstyles u wanna use!

what i did, was got a pic of the hairstyle into paint and traced carefully round the edge, then cut+pasted it onto a picture of my head in a seperate paint, and it worked quite well
  • Options
    Blah wrote:
    what i did, was got a pic of the hairstyle into paint and traced carefully round the edge, then cut+pasted it onto a picture of my head in a seperate paint, and it worked quite well

you are a genius.

i don't know why i didn't think of this, actually, as i spent a fair portion of last week photoshopping my boss's humourous hairdon't of years past into varying comedy situations.

well done that girl :thumb:
  • Options
    kaffrin wrote:
    you are a genius.

oh i know! :angel:
  • Options
    I used one when i was looking for hairstyles a few weeks ago. I downloaded my own pic but it was incredibly awkward and didn't really work very well.