Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Pill again sorry

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Sorry another pill question cant seem t find right answer anywhere!
I have been on the pill for over 4 months now. Afew days ago i forgot to take my pill at my usual time (7pm) and didnt take it till around (8am) the next day. That same eveing o had sex with my boyfriend and im no worried that i may get pregnant as i have heard that anything after 12 hrs reduces your protection. Shall i run two packets together without a sevn day break

Comments

• Options
    To be honest, if its only one pill that you took late, you normally still quite protected as long as you took the rest of the packet properly....im pretty sure thats the way it is anyway.
  • Options
    said it before and i'll say it again. read the instructions that come with the packet!
  • Options
    You only need to run 2 pill packets together if one of the pills that you missed was in the last 7 of the packet.
  • Options
    Yeah, what beans said. I did the same thing recently (including having sex before remembering my pill) and panicked. I followed the instructions in the pack which were to take the pill I'd missed as soon as I remembered and to take all the others as normal, but I was still worried so I rang the NHS helpline as it was a Sunday and the lady advised me that as I'd only missed one pill it would be OK (because it was a combined pill apparently). It didn't actually say that in my packet, but the advice that you only need to run the two packs together if you are in the last 7 pills of your packet is spot-on and was on the instructions for my pill.