Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Drivin test worries!!!HELP!!!!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
hey ppl.i need some advice.i got my thrist drivin test like in two wks n i have brought Kalms tablets to help me stop worrying on the day.has ne 1 used them n are they effective? im not sure as to when i should strt taking them.how long do they take to have an effect on ur system? and another thing- I HATE TAKING TABLETS!!! i cant swallow them.HEE HEE. so is it still ok to crush them rather than swallow them whole?? please reply ppl
i realli need the advice. THANKSx.x.x.x. ;)

Comments

• Options
    I've never taken Kalms but if you go to http://www.2pass.co.uk you will find plenty of helpful information on your driving test, and there is also a message board just for learner drivers who may be able to help you.
  • Options
    some advice from netdoctor about driving test stress

our general article about dealing with stress

Oh and they don't like text talk round these parts so try and watch that in your posts - otherwise the members here might just add to the stress :nervous:

Anyway, good luck with the test
  • Options
    Im so worried about taking my test i havent even booked it.
    There is soooo much pressure on people now taking their tests, its like you are destined to fail!!
    I am already really nervous about it, and i know as soon as its booked, i'll feel sick every day up until that point!! Driving me crazy!! i have calming tablets, and rescue remedy but that doesnt stop me feeling nervous every day!! :(
  • Options
    If you dont like taking tablets, you should try bach's resue remedy, its drops that go on your tounge, and it works wonders :yes:
  • Options
    Hira wrote:
    hey ppl.i need some advice.i got my thrist drivin test like in two wks n i have brought Kalms tablets to help me stop worrying on the day.has ne 1 used them n are they effective? im not sure as to when i should strt taking them.how long do they take to have an effect on ur system? and another thing- I HATE TAKING TABLETS!!! i cant swallow them.HEE HEE. so is it still ok to crush them rather than swallow them whole?? please reply ppl
    i realli need the advice. THANKSx.x.x.x. ;)

when one of my friends did her test, she failed the first three times, the fourth she took some kalm tablets and passed, they are really good, normally you take them a week before.
  • Options
    I don't think they should be crushed. I hate taking tablets too, the taste makes me sick. I usually drop them onto the bac of my tongue and swallow it down with lots of water. I take Kalms when i'm nervous. It does work for me, but it could all be psychosematic.
  • Options
    rescue remedy drops on tongue.
  • Options
    yes its okay to chew them rather than swallow them whole.
    in all honesty, the pass rate is 40% so the probability is you will fail... but hey! if that happens... take it again.
    its not really that different than what you have been doing with your instructor already is it? ... and i guess you've already had a mock test? ..... so this will just be with a different person.
    you are the only person putting so much pressure on yourself to pass!
  • Options
    otter wrote:
    yes its okay to chew them rather than swallow them whole.
    in all honesty, the pass rate is 40% so the probability is you will fail... but hey! if that happens... take it again.
    its not really that different than what you have been doing with your instructor already is it? ... and i guess you've already had a mock test? ..... so this will just be with a different person.
    you are the only person putting so much pressure on yourself to pass!

I don't mean this in a horrible way, but this person is obviously nervous about the test, so tellin them that they are likely to fail, will not help, and also not everyone can afford to keep repeating their driving test, its expensive as well as payin for lessons.

If you put your mind to it, I'm sure you'll pass no problem.
  • Options
    otter wrote:

depends on your area.

in some test centres the pass rate is 70%. in some it's about 20%.

although if you drive well, you are likely to pass. i say likely, cause everyone can make silly mistakes and/or have a twatty examiner.
  • Options
    thnaks guys

thanks for the help guys. and sorry for the text language.didnt think it would effect people that much-but oh well-neva mind-sum people dont have better things to worry about. thanks for all you advice ppl. it was gr8.bye :wave: