Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

ICT information

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
What is the difference between a code of conduct and a code of practice?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    not too sure.
    but i think a code of conduct is the way an individual is expected to behave.
    and a code of practice is an institutions ideal of dealing with a situation / the way they operate.
    why???
  • Options
    also, what does ict stand for?
  • Options
    Information and communication technology
  • Options
    Yes otter has more a less hit thee nail on the head. Code of conduct is the way you should behave (probably penalised if you don't), i.e. if you go to a girl's private school they might say in public while in uniform still representing the school must behave in certain way: no swearing, shouting or making an exhibition of yourself. Code of conduct is usually a rough guideline than a code of practice for say a law firm, where certain business rules will be enforced, say. Lots of different professions have ethical codes of conduct. e.g. doctor - must never breach patient confidentiality without outstanding justification, i.e. third party in danger. Lawyers should not be law breakers (obviously)...an example no recreational coke use. Am aware of one lawyer who was chucked out of his profession on discovery of this. Doesn't really mater if it's done on work time or not. It's more to do with whether you are bringing your profession into disrepute, regardless of whether it's outside office time or not.
  • Options
    One post is enough

http://vbulletin.thesite.org.uk/showthread.php?t=84267

I don't think otter is correct in an ICT situation at least. I will say here like I said there, BCS website.
  • Options
    why did u post a link of the current page? :chin: strange... :yeees:
  • Options
    Its a different page because i didnt know which would be the best place to ask this so i decided to post in student and computers. Thanks for the help everyone ive had my exam now, didnt even get asked on it.
  • Options
    quarfly wrote:
    why did u post a link of the current page? :chin: strange... :yeees:

I didn't??

moron.