Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

CIA: We Know Where Bin Laden Is

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
_40057268_binladen_ap203.jpg

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/south_asia/4110786.stm

This is confusing me as I recall a few days ago the States admitting that Bin Laden was no longer in Afghanistan. But who knows, maybe he will soon be captured and it will be very interesting to see if people congratulate the President or just wonder: "Was it really all worth it?".

Comments

• Options
    Someone should let the criminals in action know about that war criminal in the White House...
  • Options
    it will be very interesting to see if people congratulate the President or just wonder: "Was it really all worth it?".

what should we congratualte him about? the fact that bin laden is merely a fear device, the fact that his capture won't mean diddley squat to the "threat" of terrorism, the fact that the US has spent millions looking for him...really?
  • Options
    Nice to see that the important question has been asked.

If the CIA know where he is, why don't they go and get him, rather than tell the press?
  • Options
    any bets?
    they cannot bring him in alive seeing as he had nowt to do wi owt.
    so ...he'll be declared dead and destroyed so they casn stop looking for him ...and so you the gullible people can rejoice that your enemy was hunted down and killed.
  • Options
    any bets?
    they cannot bring him in alive seeing as he had nowt to do wi owt.
    so ...he'll be declared dead and destroyed so they casn stop looking for him ...and so you the gullible people can rejoice that your enemy was hunted down and killed.

There's probably a bigger pyschological impact of maintaining his mythology - to have him, in the public mind, still scurrying about the mountains planning his next move against the US.
  • Options
    I'm always struck by thoughts of Goldstein when I think of bin Laden.
  • Options
    To be honest if the best they can do is say he's is the tribal lands of Pakistan (which is what seems to be implied) a) that like say Blair's somewhere in England and not much use to anybody b) CIA intelligence doesn't seem to have got any further forward than after the fall of the Taliban
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    "We know where he is now. He is exactally where we are not looknig for him. This help us, as we shal lnow invade Europe. He must be there."
  • Options
    Nice to see that the important question has been asked.

If the CIA know where he is, why don't they go and get him, rather than tell the press?

Or e-mail him through Friends Reunited

Kermit wrote:
    I'm always struck by thoughts of Goldstein when I think of bin Laden.

And "the brotherhood" of Al Qaeda ;)

seeker
  • Options
    He's probably in Pakistan where we the U.S. isn't welcome. Not all the repercussions of finding him are positive, especially since he is regarded as a hero to many in the country and Muslim world. A lot of Muslims would think the president of Pakistan to be even more of a traitor if he just allowed us to come in and scoop him.
  • Options
    viridis wrote:
    He's probably in Pakistan where we the U.S. isn't welcome. Not all the repercussions of finding him are positive, especially since he is regarded as a hero to many in the country and Muslim world. A lot of Muslims would think the president of Pakistan to be even more of a traitor if he just allowed us to come in and scoop him.
    he won't be scooped/captured ...it would blow the lid of the pnac peoples agenda!