Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Fatigue

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Can anyone help?? Over the past four or five weeks I've been feeling really tired. I manage to get through the working week, but by saturday I'm totaly shattered. This would be ok if I didnt have a two year old little boy who I have to look after, and wants to be doing more interesting things than playing quitely or watching DVD's.

I dont know if I'm being hard on myself, but I dont think I should be so tired. I only work 37 to 40 hours a week, work is only a 30 minute commute, and I have a fairly supportive househusband.

I'm definately not pregnant. And the only medication I'm on is the Pill and sabutamol for asthma.

Any suggestions????

Comments

• Options
    Talk to your doc it may be a medical problem. Have you tried taking anything to give you an energy boost eg guarana?
  • Options
    I'm not surprised you are tired. I'm a single mum to a 6yr old and I only work part time. By the weekend I'm often knackered and feel like I'm being a real let down mum when I haven't got the energy to do anything much. I sometimes take pro plus to keep me going. Maybe a trip to your doctor would be a good idea to rule out any underlying causes?
  • Options
    Very common reason for fatigue...apart from being a working mum...is anaemia (low iron levels).It's very easy to detect and treat...and normally only a temporary.This is only an idea...could just be you over doing it (being mummy+working+housework...etc)...but i'd go for a check up at your GP if you feel you're more run down than usual
  • Options
    Try taking an iron suppliment and see if that helps. :chin: