Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

waist sizes

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
when it comes to jeans, what size (in inches) would a large size 12/small size 14 be? im in the process of buying a pair of jeans and i dont know what size to order :eek2:

i just measured myself and im a 28" around my actual waist BUT my hips are about 37 1/2 .. so i just go by the 28 bit?? trouser sizes confuse me :blush:

Comments

• Options
    i think 28 is about a size 10. 30 would be 12, and 32 would be 14.

but i'd really try them on first, cause jeans sizes are totally unreliable.
  • Options
    soraliah wrote:
    when it comes to jeans, what size (in inches) would a large size 12/small size 14 be? im in the process of buying a pair of jeans and i dont know what size to order :eek2:

i just measured myself and im a 28" around my actual waist BUT my hips are about 37 1/2 .. so i just go by the 28 bit?? trouser sizes confuse me :blush:
    Only if you plan on wearing your trousers right on your waist, which I very much doubt! Those measurements almost make you a perfect 12 - hips 38" and waist 28". For jeans you'd be best to go with a 30" pair, those should give you a nice "low waist".
  • Options
    Yeah 30 is about a 12, 32 for a 14 as Kaffrin said.

Just make sure you try them on, and see what looks best and is most comfortable.
  • Options
    kaffrin wrote:
    i think 28 is about a size 10. 30 would be 12, and 32 would be 14.

but i'd really try them on first, cause jeans sizes are totally unreliable.

I fit in 32 jeans, but i'm a size 12. Confusing in't it?
  • Options
    Can vary depending on style/maker etc. On average i thought a 26 was a 10 and a 28 a 12
  • Options
    Carolina wrote:
    Can vary depending on style/maker etc. On average i thought a 26 was a 10 and a 28 a 12

I'm pretty sure 26 is an eight, 28 a ten and 30 a twelve.
  • Options
    beans wrote:
    I think so too.
  • Options
    beans wrote:
    No, that's not the actual waist measurement. A person who is of size 8 would have a natural waist of 24" I think, but would wear a size 26" trouser as we don't actually wear trousers on our waist.
  • Options
    madraykin wrote:
    No, that's not the actual waist measurement. A person who is of size 8 would have a natural waist of 24" I think, but would wear a size 26" trouser as we don't actually wear trousers on our waist.

Yes....
    So like i said 26 is an 8 28 is a 10 and so on.
  • Options
    But someone with a waist measurement of 26 would wear a size 10 which is a 28, and it's waist measurements we're discussing here.
  • Options
    Well sorailiah asked what size in inches a size 12/14 would be, and as the jeans come labelled in inches not basic sizes. Sooo if jeans are labbeled waist 28, they are a size 10 regardless of weather the measurement is for your waist or hips.
  • Options
    i just look good and i am a 32 bang lol
  • Options
    madraykin wrote:
    But someone with a waist measurement of 26 would wear a size 10 which is a 28, and it's waist measurements we're discussing here.

it's jeans sizes we're discussing here :p
  • Options
    Dam straight.
  • Options
    soraliah wrote:

hehe shh! We're discussing it in relation to her hips and waist which she measured in inches. And it's all getting so confusing! Except that we all agree she needs a 30 / 32 marked pair.