Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

How do friends hit it off

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi

I've been in the situation numerous time where I'm attracted to a close friend, and I get the impression that they're attracted to me. However nothing ever happens between us. Some of my friends who have been in this situation end up forming a further relationship with their friend. Other's don't.

My question is what happens between two friends which causes two people to spark something up? How does it all happen?

I really wish I knew the answer to these two questions so I know where I've been going wrong ...

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    OklyDokly wrote:
    My question is what happens between two friends which causes two people to spark something up? How does it all happen?
    no offense or anything. but that question is impossible to answer. it can be anything. it just depends on whether you recoginse the moment and take it further from there... if you don't recognise the spark... it won't go any further.
    remember too that friendships are exactly that. they are not a stepping stone between casual aquaintanceships and becoming partners. they exist in their own right. :)