Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Bail Licenses: it's no wonder nobody has faith in them

So we have a violent sex offender released on license, and he absconds. The police are now warning people not to approach him, as he's dangerous.

Story.

I agree with the idea of early release, because of the use it has in keeping prisoners in order, but it is no wonder people have such little faith in the idea when this happens. Obviously he had to be relased at some point, and its better to do it where they can keep tabs on him, but even so it's no surprise that people have such little faith in the idea.

Still, it only serves to prove- again- that all sex attackers should be executed.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    All sex offenders? Even the 16 year old lad who has sex with his 15 year old g/f?
  • Options
    Fair point. Wording changed.
  • Options
    It human nature to have sex and then leave.

You aren't doing it right then :thumb:

I always wanna go again and again and again until I pass out. Still, we are all different. :D
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:

So you don't think people are capable of redemption?
  • Options
    I'm getting impression Kermit is on about people like this guy who are just going to be released and attack someone again. Also I would say sex attacks are incredibly traumatic for the victim as compared to a mugging or something similar. I personally wouldn't execute them but can see an argument for doing so considering the life long psychological damage that a sex attack can cause.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    i think you were right the first time. rape can ruin a persons life, and these cunts get all the help they need, then get released to do it again.
    kill the bastards!!...fuck em!
  • Options
    DEANO MAC wrote:
    i think you were right the first time.
    rape can ruin a persons life, and these cunts get all the help they need, then get released to do it again.

I changed "offender" to "attacker" for that reason.

No, I don't think rapists are capable of redemption. And even if they are, I don't think they deserve that opportunity.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    rape can ruin a persons life, and these cunts get all the help they need, then get released to do it again.

No, I don't think rapists are capable of redemption. And even if they are, I don't think they deserve that opportunity.[/QUOTE]
    got mixed up a tad,sos. :) ...but yes, neither do i. the old electric chair treatment will allways be my favorite.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:

No, I don't think rapists are capable of redemption. And even if they are, I don't think they deserve that opportunity.

Are all rapists equally bad? Is the man who is drunk and misinterprets a woman's protestations as bad as the rapist who drags a women into bushes at knife point, beats her up and brutally rapes her?
  • Options
    Blagsta wrote:
    Are all rapists equally bad? Is the man who is drunk and misinterprets a woman's protestations as bad as the rapist who drags a women into bushes at knife point, beats her up and brutally rapes her?
    if you can't see a difference, then there is something fucking wrong with you.
    you know what has been said, no need to be pedantic.
  • Options
    DEANO MAC wrote:
    if you can't see a difference, then there is something fucking wrong with you.

I'm asking Kermit if he can see a difference.
    DEANO MAC wrote:
    you know what has been said, no need to be pedantic.

I'm not being pedantic. I'm trying to get Kermit to be clear about what he means.
  • Options
    I don't know if you guys have this, but when people get released from jail around here (if they are still considered to be doing time) gets a tracking bracelet placed around their ankle. They can't get very far without the authorities knowing where they're going.

might have been useful in this situation.
  • Options
    J wrote:
    It human nature to have sex and then leave. The law is just a religion.
    So rape is merely human nature?
  • Options
    So rape is merely human nature?

chimps do it, could be part of human nature to be utterly selfish and power mad like compassion is part of
  • Options
    All rapists are equally rapists Blagsta, that's all you need to know, if like me you think they should be kept apart from the rest of society while they're doing their redeeming.

A truly remorseful and honest sex offender would admit that not all supposedly reformed rapists and paedophiles will be genuinely reformed - and so would understand that he must remain jailed until we can more have more confidence in psychologists.
  • Options
    All rapists are equally rapists Blagsta, that's all you need to know, if like me you think they should be kept apart from the rest of society while they're doing their redeeming.

A truly remorseful and honest sex offender would admit that not all supposedly reformed rapists and paedophiles will be genuinely reformed - and so would understand that he must remain jailed until we can more have more confidence in psychologists.

no there are different cases where peopel have been convicted for rape, much like murder, like ones which are a nightmare to decide upon like if a woman was drunk and said yes to a drunk guy then in morning decides she was unable to consent and accuses him of taking advantage- which are obviously a nightmare to decide

if thats the same as a serial rapsit who drugs their victims and videos them being gangbanged or something, then youre severely disturbed
  • Options
    You're questioning whether or not they should be convicted in the first place - I'm talking about those who have been.
  • Options
    You're questioning whether or not they should be convicted in the first place - I'm talking about those who have been.

there are still plenty of differences in their cases most of the time
  • Options
    Do you trust the justice system to always get the right person?

If not you must be against the death penalty.
  • Options
    there are still plenty of differences in their cases most of the time

But not that they're rapists, which was my point.

BB if that was for me - I'm against the state death penalty, though I would happily kill quite a few people whose guilt I'm sure of.
  • Options
    But not that they're rapists, which was my point.

So you think all circumstances are exactly the same?
    BB if that was for me - I'm against the state death penalty, though I would happily kill quite a few people whose guilt I'm sure of.

Could you really kill someone in cold blood? Really?
  • Options
    Blagsta wrote:
    So you think all circumstances are exactly the same?

Could you really kill someone in cold blood? Really?

I haven't said all circs are same - I've said that sex offenders should all be jailed for good and explained why - risk of reoffending.

Really! :)
  • Options
    I haven't said all circs are same - I've said that sex offenders should all be jailed for good and explained why - risk of reoffending.

Really! :)

In other words you think they're all the same and all the same risk of re-offending. They don't.
  • Options
    How can you say all sex offenders have the same risk of re-offending
  • Options
    How can you say all sex offenders have the same risk of re-offending

How can you judge what risk any of them pose in comparison to one another?
  • Options
    like if a woman was drunk and said yes to a drunk guy then in morning decides she was unable to consent and accuses him of taking advantage- which are obviously a nightmare to decide

That isn't rape.
  • Options
    minimi38 wrote:
    That isn't rape.

i think you'll find that in the eyes of the law it is.
  • Options
    Doofay wrote:
    How can you judge what risk any of them pose in comparison to one another?

How can you?
  • Options
    Blagsta wrote:
    i think you'll find that in the eyes of the law it is.

a woman saying yes cos she was pissed and the blokes guilty of rape? If i agree to help a mate murder someone and i get caught i can blame the alcohol can i?
  • Options
    minimi38 wrote:
    wtf. a woman saying yes cos she was pissed and the blokes guilty of rape? Jesus. If i agree to help a mate murder someone and i get caught i can blame the alcohol can i?

Thats not quite the scenario being talked about is it?