Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

legalise cannabis on perscription

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Why is cannabis illegal when it can benefit patients of painful and long term illnesses.
I don't understand why it's illegal and ciggaretts aren't, at least cannabis can be useful.
What the government don't understand is that we are responsible for our own actions, if people find that cannabis eases their pain then they should be allowed to smoke it.
Besides, you can't kill yourself on a joint, can you? you can overdose on paracetamol or wreck your liver boozing and fry your brain sniffing solvents, but a joint does some people good.
I'm not a druggy and I speak on behalf of the people who may benefit from the affects of cannabis, not the teenagers who smoke it to be hard.

selina has spoken

Comments

• Options
    Good point Selina, but don't legalise it just for medical use. In Holland where it's legal people think, that's bad, but they have a lower crime rate since they legalised it and the crime rate is lower than Britain, another thing people say is bad is that Cannabis is a gateway to hard drugs, again this has been proved wrong cos in Holland there is less % of people doing hard drugs than in England, plus if u legalise canabis it would probably free up some ridiculus amount of police time from busting people with £20 worth of dope on them or dope dealers n let them do something they should be doing, people who smoke ciggarettes wont smoke as much cos dope'll be cheaper therefore people can smoke that instead of ciggerettes, the tax revenue earnt would be massive and the amount of income it would add to the tourist trade would be big.
    Down sides??
  • Options
    Cannabis is not always effective as pain reliever. I appreciate it has helped many people, particularly with MS. However speaking from my own experience, neither weed, solid, or skunk have proved anywhere near effective at relieving pain from my disabling back condition.

However of course I agree that it should be available on prescription. What an indictment on the society we live in, that a potentially effective analgesic is made unlawful.