Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Place your bets now!!!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
How long before this story appears on the BNP website?

Comments

• Options
    I was thinking that this morning when I saw it.

Chances are it'll appear within 48 hours. Though had the victim been white, you could bet your botton dollar it'd have been posted on the BNP website about 30 seconds after the news broke.
  • Options
    Not very long.

What's your point?
  • Options
    whats wrong with reporting that? :confused::confused:

should we not in case we are accused of racism? :confused:
  • Options
    Tommo100 wrote:
    whats wrong with reporting that? :confused::confused:

should we not in case we are accused of racism? :confused:
    It's the fact that it's the BNP website and how they select different stories to show certain groupings of people in a certain light.

Perhaps the media is the root of our fears, perhaps the right wing media works to smoke screen us from the real problems that society has.
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    I personally would be more worried aobut them exploiting the story of the Bible being banned in Hospital?

Even though it enraged Islamic groups, but they might skirt over that bit.
  • Options
    i personally find that story shocking. to think we have people like that living in england makes me shudder! i dont really give a shit if the b.n.p use it or not tbh.
  • Options
    It's the fact that it's the BNP website and how they select different stories to show certain groupings of people in a certain light.

So does anyone. Big deal.

And, like it or not, there is a huge problem with the brutality of several sections of African communities, especially the North african communities. "Witching" and female circumcision are rife, should we not report that because the BNP says "backward Africans"?
  • Options
    Back when I was studying theology I had two Liberian classmates whose bodies were covered from the neck down with scars from cuts they claimed they had received as children during voodoo rituals. It was a disturbing sight to say the least.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    should we not report that because the BNP says "backward Africans"?

I don't think that is what MoonRat was trying to get at. It would be hard for anybody to argue that the story shouldn't have been reported (it is after all News worthy). I think (and i might be wrong about this so go ahead and correct me if I am MoonRat) that it was more of a casual observation about the obvious bias of the right wing media.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    And, like it or not, there is a huge problem with the brutality of several sections of African communities, especially the North african communities. "Witching" and female circumcision are rife, should we not report that because the BNP says "backward Africans"?

Is this your opinion or do you have a source?
  • Options
    Is this your opinion or do you have a source?
    Female circumcision does go on in Africa and is practiced, unless I'm mistaken by some Muslims and also by tribes that practice totemism and animism.
  • Options
    What would motivate the BNP to make something of this?

Presumably righteous anger at the politically motivated notion Boasian anthropologists and liberal social scientists have enforced on the west that all cultures are equally valid and that stone age savagery shouldn't be condemned. My arse. :mad:
  • Options
    What would motivate the BNP to make something of this? :

the fact that they're racist gimps?