Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

nicotine.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,875,648 The Mix Honorary Guru
bastard stuff to quit.
beat amphetamine ...beat heroin ...but nicotine ...what a bastard grip it has on my soul.
the fact it is far more damaging than the illegals and doesn't make you lauggh or fall over is even more fucking annoying.
anyone in this forum beat the evil weed?

Comments

• Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,324 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    My dad said Nicotine gum is shit. He quit using Wrigleys Extra, which he now consumes alot of. He also had some of the patches for a bit.

I suppose it is mostly will power though, more than anything.

No idea myself, I smoked it that heavily luckily.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,875,648 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Ive tried twice in the last few months.......got nowhere yet.

but im gonna beat the bastard :mad:

eventually :yes:
    Yeah but i just stopped, i dont think i can add anything useful.

I still smoke skunk alot when i am on term breaks but im quitting that permanently this August!!! (probably :lol: )
    some people can quit easier than others...i still smoke but not as much...i play football and play guitar quite alot these days to keep me occupied, doesn't stop the urge but keeps your mind off it i reckon
    If you have smoked for a long time then it is going to be harder.

My sister smoked for 15 years and she recently quit using a prescription drug from her GP. I cant remember the name of it but it might be worth asking for, she said it was hugely helpful and actually made her feel ill if she smoked.

Just a thought.
    good thought.. i havent managed to quit, only been smoking a few years.. the hardest part about quitting smoking is remebering you are trying to quit if you get me