Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

digital cameras

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi

I've quite recently got into digital photography. The cam I currently have is a 3 megapixel with 3 x digital zoom. I've discovered I like taking pictures of nature and architecture (castle ruins that kinda thing). Thing is the cam I have takes an age to turn on and ready itself to take a pic so by the time its ready what i want to take a pic of has flown / swan / ran off. Also Ive found out digi zoom is naff.

Does anyone know a cam that has fast turn on speed and decent zoom which would be good for the subjects I like?

Would be prepared to pay around £250 - £300 or a little more if the cam was perfect.

cheers

Phoenix

Comments

• Options
    My sister in law does digital photography professionally, and pair something like $600 for hers.
  • Options
    jessops will give you good advice
  • Options
    my camera is the best i have come across for the price range

its the canon powershot SD110 3.2mega pixel

has a good optical zoom, very fast to switch on, extremely user friendly, very sturdy (good quality) and compact too!
  • Options
    Fiend_85 wrote:
    My sister in law does digital photography professionally, and pair something like $600 for hers.

$600 is nothing for a professional camera

I just returned a £700 Nikon D70 and even that was cheap compared to others of similar spec.
  • Options
    Hi

I've quite recently got into digital photography. The cam I currently have is a 3 megapixel with 3 x digital zoom. I've discovered I like taking pictures of nature and architecture (castle ruins that kinda thing). Thing is the cam I have takes an age to turn on and ready itself to take a pic so by the time its ready what i want to take a pic of has flown / swan / ran off. Also Ive found out digi zoom is naff.

Does anyone know a cam that has fast turn on speed and decent zoom which would be good for the subjects I like?

Would be prepared to pay around £250 - £300 or a little more if the cam was perfect.

cheers

Phoenix

this fits your price range

http://www.imaging-resource.com/PRODS/Z5/Z5A.HTM
  • Options
    Indeed, I may have the price wrong in fact, but I'm fairly confident she paid something like that for her first one.