Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Download sells out...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
...And I couldn't afford a ticket. Now that I can there are none left :crying:
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    not even day tickets?
    Dont fret though, there are LOADS of really good festivals on this year. If you look at efestivals, youre bound to find something you like and probably a lot cheaper too. The trouble is choosing one.
  • Options
    not even day tickets?
    Dont fret though, there are LOADS of really good festivals on this year. If you look at efestivals, youre bound to find something you like and probably a lot cheaper too. The trouble is choosing one.

Day tickets aren't gone but there's no way I'll just make a one day appearence. And Download always has my favourite bands...the other festivals aren't as rock orientated as Download is :(
  • Options
    Day tickets aren't gone but there's no way I'll just make a one day appearence. And Download always has my favourite bands...the other festivals aren't as rock orientated as Download is :(

what about reading and leeds or are you one of those hardcore rockers
  • Options
    turlough wrote:
    what about reading and leeds or are you one of those hardcore rockers

Guess I must be. It's not that I wouldn't like Reading/Leeds, it's more that download always has loads of bands I want to see whereas Reading/Leeds only really have a handful.
  • Options
    i can see where your coming from but if you've ever been to a concert you'll know that you just spend 90% of your itme in the campsite having the craic, thats what most of it is about anyway...
  • Options
    turlough wrote:
    i can see where your coming from but if you've ever been to a concert you'll know that you just spend 90% of your itme in the campsite having the craic, thats what most of it is about anyway...

I went to Download last year. Saw all the bands I wanted to (apart from Static X who didn't appear) and had a wicked time getting pissed, stoned and fucking around on the campsite at all hours yeah. I wanna go again so badly and now I doubt I'll be able to. tickets are going at £190 on ebay :crying:
  • Options
    I went to Download last year. Saw all the bands I wanted to (apart from Static X who didn't appear) and had a wicked time getting pissed, stoned and fucking around on the campsite at all hours yeah. I wanna go again so badly and now I doubt I'll be able to. tickets are going at £190 on ebay :crying:

dunno if this is worth the risk but you could do what my mate did at irelands biggest festivel last year, he lost his ticket somewhere outside the festivel, he tied a blue plastic band that vaguely and i mean vaguely represented the wrist thingys they give you, managed to get in, when he got in he walked up to a security guard with this girl and said "this is my baby sister, i lost my wrist thingy in here and i can't leave her here all by herself"...the security guard called him a nice gentleman and give him a free wrist thingy...what a clah buzz that would have been
  • Options
    turlough wrote:
    dunno if this is worth the risk but you could do what my mate did at irelands biggest festivel last year, he lost his ticket somewhere outside the festivel, he tied a blue plastic band that vaguely and i mean vaguely represented the wrist thingys they give you, managed to get in, when he got in he walked up to a security guard with this girl and said "this is my baby sister, i lost my wrist thingy in here and i can't leave her here all by herself"...the security guard called him a nice gentleman and give him a free wrist thingy...what a clah buzz that would have been

Hmmm. I seriously doubt that would work. The security at download last year were pretty careful when checking wristbands...
  • Options
    Hmmm. I seriously doubt that would work. The security at download last year were pretty careful when checking wristbands...

well i think at this stage you have to think to yourself "is it worth £190" up to you :chin:
  • Options
    bad luck, if you didnt have the money up till now, what makes you think youd get it in the next 2 weeks before the festival. The tickets have been onsale for AGES.
  • Options
    (chaos flatmate)

if you wanna get into download the best thing is get a mate with a ticket ( me :D) to go in the 1st day it opens, you go down the next day, get ur mate to rip off thier wristband, say they were ina fight n it got torn off, get another one, then give you the wristbands, then go and say to securtiy, mine got torn off. Sorted :D
  • Options
    if you wanna get into download the best thing is get a mate with a ticket ( me :D) to go in the 1st day it opens, you go down the next day, get ur mate to rip off thier wristband, say they were ina fight n it got torn off, get another one, then give you the wristbands, then go and say to securtiy, mine got torn off. Sorted :D

Or, even better still, not.

Especially as they don't issue repeat wristbands.
  • Options
    HAHA I've got a ticket. :razz:
  • Options
    I got one off ebay :hyper:

I'm sooooo excited, I can't wait!!!!!!!!! :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:
  • Options
    I got one off ebay :hyper:

I'm sooooo excited, I can't wait!!!!!!!!! :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:
    w00t.
    im jealous.
  • Options
    w00t.
    im jealous.

Cost me £190 like.
  • Options
    anyone have a day ticket for saturday? i've a wkend one with campin to sell. Cant go for the weekend only the saturday..
  • Options
    caroline_b wrote:
    anyone have a day ticket for saturday? i've a wkend one with campin to sell. Cant go for the weekend only the saturday..
    ????
    isnt download almost over now?
  • Options
    Haha, I went to the Saturday!

SABBATH FUCKING ROCKED! Best gig ever? Most definitely.
  • Options
    well this is the only place no one knows me so I can say that the guys who helped me put my tent up rocked and I got the best few days of my life as I had a festival blokee! yay for me and my big tent!

AND he has already texted me wanting to see me! bless trust him to live in leeds!

anyway how fantastic was the festival-thunderstruck in total agreement! no one gets a crowd like ozzy does!

Best thing: toilets smelt better and were cleaner than at reading/leeds! yay!

Worst things: low planes-scared me to death the first time I saw one! later their noise was er pretty useful!! :blush:
  • Options
    Was fucking awesome! I had a wicked time, saw all the bands I wanted to and pass out during My Chemical Romance :blush:

Those emo kids are quite violent!

And broke my wrist in a moshpit in System but stayed till the end of the set regardless as I didn't know it was broken. All in all a fucking amazing weekend. Roll on next year! :D
  • Options
    omigosh is your wrist ok!?
  • Options
    Jowolvo wrote:
    omigosh is your wrist ok!?

It was only a tiny break. My wrist is fine. Well it's not, but it will be. Provided I stop playing my guitar and using my left arm to do things :impissed:
  • Options
    I found out in the week afterwards nearly all of my mates have had colds or the flu-I think it must have been from the dust as it was pretty bad. I'm ok so far *touches wood*
  • Options
    I've had a bit of a cold since download but nothing too bad.
    And the dust was fuckin horrible :(

But yes Sabbath were the best gig ever :thumb: