Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

When rolling a blunt joint...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
OK, I roll a blunt/joint, but I don't know what to do with the tips. You know how after you roll it both ends are open? Well how do you close it? Its embarrasing because I know how to roll but whenever its almost done I pass it to someone else to finish it and say I have to shit or something.

Comments

• Options
    just kinda twist it up, surely? :p
  • Options
    I cant say I have ever had anything to do with a blunt.

As for an ordinary joint, surely you want one end open, other wise where would you inhale from? The other end twist if you want, or just light.
  • Options
    You both have oddly similar names...I got confused as to who was who for a second there.
  • Options
    Chem:Lab wrote:
    You both have oddly similar names...I got confused as to who was who for a second there.

He's the newbie asking an odd question, I'm not, its really rather simple.
  • Options
    Yessss...hence I was confused 'for a second there'. :P
  • Options
    twist fat end...roache thin end
  • Options
    always hated roaching joints, you've done all rolling and all ya wanna do is spark up and you have to roache the fucking thing...
  • Options
    roaching a joint is NOT difficult. put the roach in before you roll it - this will help shape the joint and ensure that you dont make a balls of the skin by trying to cram in the roach. buy a book of roaches for about 50p.

FYI - a blunt is an american joint. they typically roll short fat joints of grass with no tobacco. they pass it after a toke or two - cause its pure weed and cause its short and fat - it wont last too long, so they pass it quickly. seen the same thing in mexico. not very european. europeans tend to socially smoke a joint, whereas americans would generally smoke a quick blunt. you can buy blunt skins - such as zig zags that will form the right shape for a blunt - wide and short skins - as opposed to the long thin king-size skins you would see in most of europe (spain, czech republic, italy etc)

anyway - only a prude will complain about no roach - i wouldnt worry about it. if people dont like your joints cause you are not / can not roach them, tell them to go to hell. they will smoke it anyway and enjoy it - you'll see. i started a no roach campaign about a year ago - i got fierce abuse for it but didnt give a fuck as my joints were rolled and smoking before others even had their skins together. i now roach however as i have come to prefer it.
  • Options
    bananaman wrote:
    you can buy blunt skins - such as zig zags that will form the right shape for a blunt - wide and short skins - as opposed to the long thin king-size skins you would see in most of europe (spain, czech republic, italy etc)

Actually a blunt is a spliff rolled like a cigar, using a tobacco leaf as the skin.
  • Options
    everwonderwhy "yes bannaman but rolling with the roach in is a silly idea to me and most other people also there is no need to get so technical about a blunt"

fantastic contribution. so glad you posted that - cause i never knew any of that before. thank you for being here - you are a valuable member of society and your conservative, yet highly contemporary views are an eye opener - neigh - an education unto themselves. fucking moronic comments. since when did you start speaking for most other people? have you ever actually rolled a joint? do you even know what a roach is?

oh i see, it's a silly idea, is it? well here is good idea - learn to roll a fucking joint before you go type type typing away about them. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. and if you don't want to hear what a blunt is - don't read that part / ignore it / but don't go telling me i'm getting too technical. my name is BANANAMAN not fucking bannaman. you sound like the fucking fly.

bongbudda - cigar? maybe on goggle it is but not in america or mexico. zig zags are what the yanks use to roll blunts. been there - smoked 'em.
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    I think that is quite enough bananaman, there is no need to get personal.
  • Options
    bananaman wrote:
    everwonderwhy "yes bannaman but rolling with the roach in is a silly idea to me and most other people also there is no need to get so technical about a blunt"

fantastic contribution. so glad you posted that - cause i never knew any of that before. thank you for being here - you are a valuable member of society and your conservative, yet highly contemporary views are an eye opener - neigh - an education unto themselves. fucking moronic comments. since when did you start speaking for most other people? have you ever actually rolled a joint? do you even know what a roach is?

oh i see, it's a silly idea, is it? well here is good idea - learn to roll a fucking joint before you go type type typing away about them. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. and if you don't want to hear what a blunt is - don't read that part / ignore it / but don't go telling me i'm getting too technical. my name is BANANAMAN not fucking bannaman. you sound like the fucking fly.

bongbudda - cigar? maybe on goggle it is but not in america or mexico. zig zags are what the yanks use to roll blunts. been there - smoked 'em.
    :lol: :razz: :D that was a cracking rant!
  • Options
    i know a few people who roll with the roach in it, but with me, it's a bit like rolling a rolly with a tip in it, i find it extremely fucking difficult, i don't know why just do...
  • Options
    :lol: :razz: :D that was a cracking rant!

i am here to please morrocan roll. i have a habit of ranting. you should see me on magic mushrooms.
  • Options
    I always roach after I've rolled, my joints always turn out to be sweet so i've no reason to complain...

As for blunts, get a blunt wrap.. put your green in, roll it, then bang a roach in... the roach end should be bigger than a joints.. and the end you're going to spark.. you should see greeeen!
  • Options
    bananaman wrote:

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=blunts+smoke&meta=
  • Options
    Bongbudda's right.... blunts are rolled out of the tobacco casing for a cigar (either a philly or a dutchmaster (hense the slang "a dutch"))
  • Options
    i find rolling without a roach or filter tip whatever is hard ;[
  • Options
    any american i ever smoked a joint with - used zig zags and made short, roachless things they called blunts. no further comment.

as for dutchmasters being the reason for the slang " dutch" - never heard of it. maybe its american slang i never heard. i have heard them being called "dutchies" - as per the song - "pass the dutchie to the left hand side" - do you think this is because of dutchmasters - or the fact the they smoke a lot of weed in Holland and its some of the best going........and the people are called Dutch - who are well known for their weed....
  • Options
    We need some yanks on here to clarify things.

lmao, this is some fucking random shit.

banaman you are crazy :)

Keep up the good work guys.
  • Options
    im not american but i am a marijuana using brit living in New Jersey until September. trust me, i know.
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    SOPH1A wrote:
    Bongbudda's right.... blunts are rolled out of the tobacco casing for a cigar (either a philly or a dutchmaster (hense the slang "a dutch"))

Indeed, it is so.
  • Options
    Yeh a blunt = tobacco leaves (cigar wrapper) filled with weed...

but alot of people these days take your normal rolling papers, fill with weed, no mix with tobacco and call it a... blunt.
  • Options
    For the sake of argument, I always thought a blunt was a cigar outside rolled up with weed, such as in that film Kids.

Also, I've always rolled my joints with the roach in beforehand. Same goes for filters and rollies and they've always been fine so I guess it's horses for courses.
  • Options
    Its not really a big deal either way, its just whenever I have heard of blunts it has been cigar based rather than paper.
  • Options
    At the risk of having my head blown off :nervous: , it is actually much easier to roll a joint with a roach in, i tend to get someone to build the roach as im building, then it doesnt take as long :yes:
  • Options
    at the end of the day, you do whatever is easiest for you, very few people change their way of rolling once they form a habit of rolling a certain way
  • Options
    Just to jump in here
    Where I Live we get Cigar Skins and fill them pure so no tobacco and call that a blunt so Nash is right at least if she said it near me
    And we call joints made from normal skins with no tobacco "Pury's" which is a silly name but gets the point accross :)
  • Options
    Nash wrote: »
    Yeh a blunt = tobacco leaves (cigar wrapper) filled with weed...

but alot of people these days take your normal rolling papers, fill with weed, no mix with tobacco and call it a... blunt.

you dont have a clue what your talking about mate
  • Options
    Put a roach in the end your going to be sucking and you can poke the stuff down with something smash the roach end onto a tablet o make it go down and you can put a twist in the end if they're enough paper free! :wave:
This discussion has been closed.