Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Mixed Signals

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I met someone at a friends party a few weeks ago and we got on brilliantly even though she was seeing another guy...we exchanged numbers and next morning i got a txt saying they had split. I asked if we she was about the following weekend and we arranged to go out together.

Up till here it was all great.

We went out at the weekend and she was completly giving me mixed signals and i don't know if it is her trying to play me a bit or if it is just her. One minute we are flirting like mad the next she is talking about not wanting a relationship. But since the weekend we have been txting like mad and flirting outrageously which is building my hopes up. Going to see her again this weekend but i am not sure what she wants....shall i tell her that i really like her and risk looking like a fool? If i was sure of her feelings then of course i would tell her but these mixed signals are really messing me up.

Comments

• Options
    are you sure she doesn't still have a boyfriend? it seems weird that they just happened to split up the day after you met.
  • Options
    It wasn't a serious relationship....he decided to admit he was going travelling round the world on their second/third date - she decided it wasn't workable. They aren't together and she seems to have let that ship sail now...but maybe it is one of the reaasons for all these mixed signal?
  • Options
    well have you told her how confusing she's being?

you really don't need or deserve anyone who's going to be so hot and cold.
  • Options
    She might be on the rebound?
  • Options
    don't think so...it wasn't serious between them...but then again maybe. Think i am just gonna have to bite the bullet and talk to her about the way i feel.
  • Options
    I just don't know what advice to give you... I've been screwed both way, telling them or not. Maybe it's slightly better to tell her how you feel or simply show her (kiss her) :D

Good luck!
  • Options
    tbh i think it sounds like she is just really unsure about getting into another relationship so soon after finishing with the last one... hence the mixed signals... but i could be wrong :confused:
  • Options
    I took her out at the weekend to a 'formal'. She met all my collegues and friends who instantly saw why i have been talking about her non-stop and they loved her. We were having a great time (as much as i built it up in my head) but i couldn't bring myself to tell her how i feel. Everytime i thought about doing it i had visions of her really resenting it and never speaking to me again. I love her to bits and even if she doesn't want to be 'involved' i still wanna keep her as a friend. How do i approach the subject cos the signals are still well and truly mixed?
  • Options
    You always going to run the risk of looking stupid in love - its part of the course. If she doesn't feel the same as you do then say "oh well" and move on. Worrying about whether you will or will not be rejected will just drag out the inevitable regardless of what that might be.