Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

worried about gf

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I am very worried about fiancé at the moment as she is going through an extremely stressful position with both myself and her work. She is being treated very unfairly at work at the moment by her boss and because of the type of person that she is she is taking every single criticism and dig very personally and all of these things are adding up. She is a lovely person but she is also very hard on her self, nit picking every single thing that she does and emphasising all the bad things and ignoring all of the good things, which are numerous. As a result she is very unhappy with herself and her job and she wants to leave.

I am unable to make her feel better about her situation and herself and its very frustrating as she is starting to get worse despite all of my best efforts. All I want her to do is to make her better and for her to feel better and it makes me feel bad, anxious and very worried that she isn’t and that there is very little that I can do about it.

Comments

• Options
    Maybe she should get another job, or at least look. There really is no point in getting a job that someone doesn't even enjoy.
  • Options
    there's not a lot you can do other than be there for her when she needs you and support her in whatever she does. telling her that would be a great comfort, i'm sure.
  • Options
    Maybe she should get another job, or at least look. There really is no point in getting a job that someone doesn't even enjoy.
    She is currently looking for another job however i should have mentioned that i am currently out of work due to illness (which is no nearer to being cured). Also we moved in together and she is paying the bills whilst i do the house work, clean, cook etc so she cant give up her job making her feel trapped, and that is also adding to it. :banghead:
  • Options
    The only thing you can do is be there for her and offer reassurance etc. Which it sounds like you are doing anyway. If you can't get through to her, maybe get someone else to try. Like her brother/sister, a friend, a parent? Maybe if she hears it from more people she will believe it?
  • Options
    wow that sounds like kinda the same situation my gf is in, but sometimes I can make her happy during those situations-- generally send her I love you accompanying text messages while at her boring job.
  • Options
    there's not a lot you can do other than be there for her when she needs you and support her in whatever she does. telling her that would be a great comfort, i'm sure.
    :yes: just having someone there sometimes can make all the difference. but other than that, and as has already been said, there is not a lot else you can do.