Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Am i being weird?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Last night, me and my bf were talking, and some girl signed in on msn. I asked him who it was and he told me, its some girl he used to go to college with. So fair enough i thought. He said she wants to meet me, ok fair enough again. Then he went on to say that his ex tried to hit her once because he was holding her hand (dont know why he had to bring this up) so i just laughed, then i asked if he'd been with her, and his response was "sort of".. sort of? well i think i know what that means, basically he had sex with her. I then thought, i dont wana meet her.

Anyway.. It got me thinking and then i felt really uncomfortable around him, like jealous, and a bit weird. Knowing that he's slept with other girls really bothers me, i dont know why though?

Does it bother anyone else when you know wether your partner has slept with anyone else? or am i just being a bit of a jealous cow? :confused:

Comments

• Options
    it's very natural to be jealous of someone if you know they've slept with your partner, of course it is!

and I'm sure he'll understand this fact too. I'm glad to see you're not the kind of person that would get super jealous of just some female freind though, as that would be OTT. However, knowing it's someone who he's slept with, it's very natural to be jealous :yes:
  • Options
    i would be.most people these days have partners who have slept with others - its still isnt something you really want to think about -a bit like your parents having sex...you know they have but who wants to really think about it??

i get jealous (internally) and i can understand you not wanting to meet her. hopefully he will understand why you wouldn't want to, if he doesnt then maybe ask him if he would be happy if it was one of your exes (if you have any of course!)?
  • Options
    maybe ask him if he would be happy if it was one of your exes (if you have any of course!)?

If it was one of my ex's all hell would break loose.
  • Options
    i'd try not to think about it. it really is best that way. i'll doubt he likes thinking of you with your exes either.
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    i'd try not to think about it. it really is best that way. i'll doubt he likes thinking of you with your exes either.

Exactly. And he is with you. And is happy with you. Remember, there is a reason the girl(s) is/are his ex(es).
  • Options
    hmmm, its tricky. Ive met girls who my husband has been with in the past, and not been particularly bothered, and then on the other hand ive met girls who hes never been with at all, who ive felt really jealous about.
    I really think it all boils down to how you feel about yourself at the time, how much youve got to lose, and how well you really know your partner.
    At the end of the day, your feelings are real, and you dont have to meet her if you dont want to, but it sounds as though hes being pretty honest about it all if you ask me.
  • Options
    I try not to think about ex girlfriends and fuck buddies that my fiance has had. I'm not jelous by nature but sometimes you can feel the green eyed monster right inder the surface just begging to get out! My jelousy is made worse when i meet one of these said ex's.

As long as you don't yell and shout at him and tell him he can't meet up with her, then you are perfectly justified. TBH if you admit you are slightly jelous but that you trust him and are perfectly ok with him meeting her, he will think youre the greatest thing since sliced bread. Shows you care and still find him attractive.

If I didn't get slightly jelous about ex's i'd be worried that i didn't feel the same about him anymore.
  • Options
    We had a big long chat last night about everything, and its ok now and he understands :D:heart:
  • Options
    *TiNK* wrote:
    We had a big long chat last night about everything, and its ok now and he understands :D:heart:

glad to hear it. :yes:
  • Options
    My boyfriend had a really bad reputation for sleeping around and at first it really bothered me that he had slept with so many girls but now i look back i realise i was being a bit stupid because i know he isnt proud of it and he wasnt with me then so i shouldnt be bothered. Maybe i should be thankful he got a lot of experience and now he is great in bed ;)
  • Options
    Glad for you. Communication can solve almost anything. remember that. I had to learn it the harder way.
  • Options
    *TiNK* wrote:
    Does it bother anyone else when you know wether your partner has slept with anyone else? or am i just being a bit of a jealous cow?
    Haha no its quite natural, I think of it so does everyone else. Since you think about what your partner has done previously and have curiosity get the best of you. However, sometimes curiosity and fear of asking your partner somethings you want answer to may help you or may not. But since u said its all solved seems ok :)
  • Options
    It could drive you crazy with jealousy thinking about the people your your partner has slept with.
    But wheres that going to get you?
    Id chill out and just make sure you have nothing to be jealous of :);)