Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Cut on hand

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Just a quick question,

I got a cut on my hand on Thursday evening - from my sister scratching me with her fingernails. It's on that bit at the bottom of my palm, like where your thumb bone ends (if you get what I mean) Anyway, it swelled up a bit, also from some bruising, so I washed it and put ice on it. I washed it again before I went to bed, and put a plaster on it Friday morning, cause I knew I would be out all day and wanted to keep it clean. Took plaster off this morning, and what I thought was just bruising is actually red, like, irritation, and has travelled in a line up the underside of my arm. It's sore to touch, and has so far travelled about 4 inches up the underside of my arm. Does this sound like a travelled infection? And what can I do about it until I can see a doctor? I've got a bandage and salt paste on it at the moment, but how can I stop it spreading further?

Comments

• Options
    Not sure about salt paste. I think washing it with plain water or saline should be enough. Other than that id keep it dry, maybe put witchhazel on it, if it doesnt start feeling better soon, smack your sister in the mouth and nip to the doctors for antibiotics.
  • Options
    keep it dry, maybe nip to the doctors for antibiotics.
    Yeah
  • Options
    On a side note could you be allergic to the plaster?
  • Options
    Oo never thought of that :blush:

Went to chemist today and the pharmacist told me to put savlon and a plaster over it till Monday and see if it gets any better :)