Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

birth control and your period

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Quick question... once you started using birth control in any form how did effect you and or your period

Comments

• Options
    It's not like they were heavy before, but now they don't really exist that much, 3/4 days with only really the first day or 2 consisting of 'heavy' bleeding. I say heavy but that's in comparison to the rest of the period, so not really heavy at all :p

And this is with the pill btw.
  • Options
    With the pill, they became lighter and less painful.

With the IUS, I've had some days of spotting but in about 3 - 4 months they should disappear altogether
  • Options
    for the first month on the combined pill i got spotting every night - now my periods are lighter and shorter by quite a lot
  • Options
    i've just started the pill and i have to say i'm not having the best time so far. i thought it would be fine but i've had my period now for over two weeks and in the past few days i've had bad cramp and its almost heavier than usual! i think this isnt that common though. anyone had this happen to them to or know how long it will take to settle down?! it will be ok if it does after the first pack but if not i'm going on a field course to ecuador and i really cant be on my period whilst stuck in the middle of the jungle!!
  • Options
    I've only been on the pill for a month but my first period with it was barely anything to the point that I almost thought it hadn't started! This was compared to fairly heavy periods for me so it was a very nice change :)