Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

colonic irrigation

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
..anyone ever tried it? my best friend got me it for xmas (yes I know it's weird, but we always try to get each other odd presents!)- the process itself was strangely relaxing! :eek: but I can't say I fealt very different afterwards. Although I did find out that I had dehydrated faeces and a candida infection of the colon (I could have lived my life quite happily without knowing that).

Comments

• Options
    ive never tried it, but ive always wanted one in a wierd way. its meant to be good for your health, digestion+you can sometimes loose weight from it.
    Can i ask, where did ur friend buy u it from?
    SBG
  • Options
    Odd I know, but it's one of those things I don't think I'd mind having. It's supposed to be good for you and it cleans out the system so to speak. One of my mums friends has it done once a month.
  • Options
    alot of private clinics do it- that's where I had mine done. Oddly I wasn't at all bothered about having it done, but a couple of weeks ago I had reflexology on my feet and fealt violated afterwards- I really hate people touching my feet tho :yuck:
  • Options
    In the nicest possible way i really wish you hadn't have posted about this topic. I'm one of those 'try it once' kinda people, and now i'm really interested! How much did any of you guys pay? I mean if it is half a mortgage payment i think i'll have to pass.

Have seen it on 'you are what you eat' - but in that it didn't look particuarly intriguing. TBH i thought it was only something that really overweight and unhealthy people did (bad me!). But if it actually helps to keep you healthy, i can see the benefits.
  • Options
    mine cost £60, but apparently if you book a block of them it's cheaper!...they recommend that you have 6 sessions initially, and then about once a month, don't think I'll bother tho- now that I've tried it my curiosity has been satisfied.