Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Teeth whitening

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i looked at a few past threads about teeth whitening.

i had my brace off a few weeks ago now but would really like my teeth to look whiter.

my dad tried Pearl Drops except he said it didnt make much of a difference. I saw that a couple of you used Beverley Hills Formula toothpaste.

So i was just wondering which do you recommend or is there any other products you know work well? and please bare in mind i'm 15 so i don't have that much to spend

Comments

• Options
    I tried all of the products that you can get on the market, and they did not really do anything! So, I went to a clinic in London and had tooth whitening it cost around £850 but that was with the consulatation and hygiene therapy also. Have to buy a top up kit to do myself at home everynow and again, which is £200. Its a hefty investment but well worth it.

Go to your dentist and ask for their opinion on it. They will probably be able to help. :D
  • Options
    there's whitening stick in boots thats about £12.99, and ive been recommended it, so im going to try it. not sure what its called, but i think the box is clear+lilac. you put one end on your teeth+the other end is an accelerator.
    In the meantime, do you drink coffee, smoke, drink tea or wine?? bcos they can cause teeth stains.
    SBG
  • Options
    do you drink coffee, smoke, drink tea or wine?? bcos they can cause teeth stains.
    SBG

who dosent tbh? we've got no chance

i just use pearl drops, my teeth arent yellow but id like them nice and shiny
  • Options
    you can get tooth polishing and tooth whitening treatments at the dentist...you have to pay for them though i think, might be expenseev
  • Options
    Have a look on e-bay, I've seen similiar products on there.

If you haven't got much money just try to take better care of your teeth-brush after every meal (especially if you drink/eat things like red wine/liquorice!), floss and use a mouthwash. Bicarbonate of soda makes my teeth feel really clean!

Check out sites like this for tips: http://www.beautytipsonline.com/
  • Options
    In the meantime, do you drink coffee, smoke, drink tea or wine?? bcos they can cause teeth stains.
    SBG
    no i don't do any of those.... i had a look around the shops today... i saw the stick but not much else. i'll have a look around where i live
  • Options
    you do have to be careful though - sometimes the home kits give you white teeth, but really damage them in the process. the enamel in particular
  • Options
    do you guys not have crest whitestrips there? those work really really well.
  • Options
    I'm in the dental industry. After getting the braces off get a good scale and polish. There are two different types of staining: intrinsic and extrinsic. The extrinsic is easiest to get off eg. tea, coffee, red wine etc. You can buy bleaching kits either at dentist or online. Intrinsic staining is staining within the tooth itself; it can still be successful with bleaching but will take longer. Ask dentist which type of staining you have and ask about the cost of tooth whitening kits for home us.
  • Options
    Tullia wrote:
    do you guys not have crest whitestrips there? those work really really well.

just looked at them online, they look good. how much r they, and do larger boots/superdrug stores sell them?
    SBG
  • Options
    mmm...not sure. theyre about $20.00 over here but i dont know how much theyd be there.