Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Converse All Stars

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
ok. so i've already got a pair of red ankle converse (you know the ones that are higher than normal but not like right up your leg)... yeh well anyway.

i'm looking to get another pair. I like the ones taht are kinda folded over at the top. but don't know what colour or pattern to get.... anyone got any ideas?

Comments

• Options
    i like most of the ones in office (my nearest branch is in chester). Spose it depends upon what colours u like, but white ones would go with anything, and brown would be quite nice
    SBG
  • Options
    I have a pair of the folded over ones, but they are extra groovy because the bit that folds over you can wear it up, folded down or you can zip it off so they look like regular allstars.

Mine are beige and khaki.

Eta, these ones

http://www.schuhstore.co.uk/images/product/1900281170_lg.jpg

but i didn't pay £45 for mine think they were about £40 so £10 dearer than normal converse. And they look better than that in the flesh.
  • Options
    beans wrote:
    I have a pair of the folded over ones, but they are extra groovy because the bit that folds over you can wear it up, folded down or you can zip it off so they look like regular allstars.

Mine are beige and khaki.

Eta, these ones

http://www.schuhstore.co.uk/images/product/1900281170_lg.jpg

but i didn't pay £45 for mine think they were about £40 so £10 dearer than normal converse. And they look better than that in the flesh.

I love those!
  • Options
    wow! went to lakeside today and got 2 pairs :hyper:

now i have my red ones, some light blue ones in the same style as my red ones and a pair of army type folded over ones :D
  • Options
    I want green ones.
  • Options
    I got a pair of rip off ones for a fiver from La Redoute in the kids section in their sale.

When your trousers cover up the logo I don't see the point in paying £45 for a pair of trainers.
  • Options
    i wear mine with my 3/4 jeans loads and they look well good :D i just wish i could buy the while range :chin:
  • Options
    I want green one, purple ones, the funk ones, black ones, yellow ones and some personalised ones that say Zella. But atm I've only got black ones that are a size to small and some very sexy red ones.
  • Options
    Zella wrote:
    I've only got black ones that are a size to small .
    theyre MINE :razz: ;)
  • Options
    Violette wrote:
    But I hate how they've gone 'trendy', it annoys me.

yup it annoys me too...

here are the ones i've got:

My oldest pair - My red ones
    My turquoisy ones
    Similar to mine except mine are more of a lighter brown than these.....
  • Options
    I've got the black n pink fold down ones. But i used to have a pair of all stars when I was about 11. They were black leather with white stars on the side. They were cool, wish I could get them again but can't find them anywhere.
  • Options
    Violette wrote:
    But I hate how they've gone 'trendy', it annoys me.

I've been wearing them since i was in primary school, and i still wear them now, but people always assume i just wear them cause they're trendy. and then in a year, when they're out of fashion but i'm still wearing them, people will say stuff like: they're SO last year.

i have low tops in black, red and green, black hi tops and vintage pink hi tops :heart:
    BumbleBee wrote:
    When your trousers cover up the logo I don't see the point in paying £45 for a pair of trainers.

i don't pay the retail price - either get mine off ebay or import them from canada, but i've tried all kinds of similar styles, and actual converse have been the only ones that last the distance. preferably the old style made in the US ones - they're sturdier, but the new ones aren't too bad. made by nike though :grump:
  • Options
    theyre MINE :razz: ;)
    Oh yea I said you could have them didnt I. Pm me your addy an I'll try an post them
  • Options
    Violette wrote:
    I've got them in khaki and pink :yes: *high fives Heinzy*

god we are too cool ;D
  • Options
    kaffrin wrote:
    i don't pay the retail price - either get mine off ebay or import them from canada, but i've tried all kinds of similar styles, and actual converse have been the only ones that last the distance. preferably the old style made in the US ones - they're sturdier, but the new ones aren't too bad. made by nike though :grump:

When you say you import thm from Canada, are there online stores that ship to the UK, or is this from ebay? I was just looking the other day at US sites, and they eithr don't ship internationally, or have an extortionate price to do so.
  • Options
    ooo I love Converse :D

I have th bog green "ankle high" ones and a pair of brown suede(sp?) ones :D

but i want a pair of black ones next!
  • Options
    As well as the ones i posted i have sunshine yellow hi-tops aswell.
    I love yellow things, it's such a happy colour :hyper:

A couple of years ago i tried, in vain, to buy a pair of black and pink ones from america, and i never did find a site that existed, and sold them that would ship them to the UK. It was tres annoying.
  • Options
    When you say you import thm from Canada, are there online stores that ship to the UK, or is this from ebay? I was just looking the other day at US sites, and they eithr don't ship internationally, or have an extortionate price to do so.

www.chucktaylorallstars.com

:)

the prices are in canadian dollars, and for me it worked out about £25 including shipping, whereas the office in leeds charges £35.

ebay is usually a better deal though, especially if you buy used. i got my vintage pink ones for 9 dollars.
  • Options
    Vintage pink all stars?
  • Options
    yes.
  • Options
    hardly vintage are they!

everything seems to get labelled vintage nowadays.
  • Options
    they're from the mid 80s. considering it's now 2005, i'd go with vintage.

especially considering that the word vintage is not technically owt to do with clothes, so we could pretty much use it to describe anything.
  • Options
    fair enough, I wouldnt call that vintage though.
  • Options
    Mean Bean wrote:
    fair enough, I wouldnt call that vintage though.

omg nice name ;(

so what would you call vintage then?

30 year old shoes?
  • Options
    beans wrote:
    omg nice name ;(

so what would you call vintage then?

30 year old shoes?

its got nothing to do with your name BTW, this is what I am called on other sites. have been for years!

I would say something from the 70's i guess. I just think the word vintage is used to frequently. They still sell pink cons. i would tend to use it for something you cant get anymore.
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    I think 'vintage' when applied to clothes refers to anything over 20 years old, but I may be mistaken.
  • Options
    Mean Bean wrote:
    I would say something from the 70's i guess. I just think the word vintage is used to frequently. They still sell pink cons. i would tend to use it for something you cant get anymore.

if we're going to be picky, you can't get the pink cons i have anymore. they're the style they stopped making in the 80s, with the narrower shape and twill tape tab back. you also can't buy the made in the US ones new anymore, as nike bought the company a few years ago and all new cons are made either in china or vietnam.

but it would be a bit silly to get that pedantic, considering i was just using the word to differentiate between the newish shoes i have, and the really old ones.