Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Lip Piercing

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ok so I didn't know whether to put this in Fashion or Health...

And I know theres like six million piercing threads but I did a search and I couldnt find what I wanted, soooo...

I want to get my lip pierced more than anything. The place I work at doesn't allow facial piercings but luckily I'm leaving in a week :D so I'm planning on getting one maybe tomorrow or the day after, I don't think they'll say anything if I'm leaving in a week.

The thing is I'm going working abroad for six months next Monday and my friend told me that I shouldnt have any piercings just before I go abroad. I don't even understand why I shouldn't but I suppose maybe its something to do with the water, and it getting infected or something? I don't know, I probably sound really stupid now but I just wondered if anybody else knew anything about it.

Oh and also is it better to get it pierced with a stud or a ring? I'd rather have a stud. I want it at the left side of my lip, kind of a like a labret piercing but to the side (I think thats it anyway).

Ooh and does it swell loads when you first have it done? You don't have to have it pierced with a bigger bar and then change it after a couple of weeks like you do with a tongue piercing do you? Cos I won't be in the country to get it changed...

Thank youuuu for any help.

Comments

• Options
    Going to a forgein place with a fresh wound is very not recommended and a lip piercing wound is fresh for about 3 weeks.

Its better to get it pierced with a labret stud because its easier to manage and more hygenic.

The swelling depends on different people, mine didnt swell at all but some people go up like balloons. Yes the bar does need to be changed aftera couple of weeks otherwise it will look ridiculous unless you have huge lips.
  • Options
    Would agree with what rudebwoy says, but remember its easy to change lip piercing studs no bother at all except if you get a ring so its something you could probably change yourself without having to go to the piercing studio to get them to do it
  • Options
    I have a navel ring and its a nightmare trying to fit it, i had to get it done at the piercers, i have no plans on changing it for a while!