Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

recommend 5 products

as the title suggests, I want you to recommend 5 products each.

Lush - Aqua mirablis exfoliating bar - my fave ever thing - smells like peanut butter cookies and really exfoliates well. I love this product

ambre solaire - no streaks bronzing spray just bought some of this and tried it. mucho impressed, nice light realistic colour. dries quickly, much easier and quicker to use than a cream.

Gum hair - rehab milk Leave in conditioner. Id buy it just for the smell, even if it didnt work (which it does) makes my hair smell of milk and honey.

Lush - dream cream fabulous for sore or irritated skin. lovely lovely body moisturiser, smells all lavendery

Surgi cream - Brow shapers little eyebrow shaped epilating strips for waxing eyebrows at home. Get them from superdrug. Theyre really good.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru

Gum hair - rehab milk Leave in conditioner. Id buy it just for the smell, even if it didnt work (which it does) makes my hair smell of milk and honey.

:yes:

i use this too and it smells lovely!!

i use a savlon tea tree antiseptic cream which is good for any spots i might get.

then of course a shampoo. i use either charles worthington 'dream hair' (pricey but good!), aussie, got2bsmooth (i think it's called that!) or the pink original source one.

i also use a johnsons cleansing lotion which cleanses, tones and moisturises. also does a very good job of taking make up off.

umm, going to have to come back to the other 2!
  • Options
    Toni & Guy daily shine fix shampoo and conditioner – Makes my hair feel nice and clean and has a nice fresh smell, can be a bit pricey though.

Vaseline lip therapy lip balm – Just normal Vaseline but in a cute little tin. It’s good for dry lips but takes forever to soak in.

Neutrogena visibly clear oil free moisturiser – I love this. It soaks in straight away and smells great. I have oily skin and it doesn’t make it worse. Again a bit pricey for the little tube you get.

Palmers cocoa butter – I wash my hands loads so have dry knuckles and use this all of the time. It smells nice, like cocoa, obviously.

Lush mask of magnaminty face pack – Kinda makes me look like I’ve plunged my face into a swamp but it smells nice, like chocolate chip mint, and it leaves my skin soft.
  • Options
    Bed Head Dumb Blonde Shampoo - smells absolutely gorgeouse, really makes you want to lick it!

Sheer Blonde Hair Repair - hair therapy stuff or whatever its called. It's a cream in a little tub with a metal lid. Really puts some moisture back into your hair if you straighten it like I do.

Tea Tree and Witchazel cream - perfect for any spots. Put a dab on a leave it over night and nine times out of tem it zaps them down to a little mark by the morning.

Johnsons Holiday Skin - the one everyone seems to be talking about right now. I'm liking it. It seems to bring some decent colour to my very pale face without making me orange.

I can't think of another recent one to add so...

Banana Boat fake tan foam - I think they stopped making it because I can't find it anywhere now. I loved this stuff. Gave my skin a light tanned glow...I'd love to find some again
  • Options
  • Options
    tescos eye makeup removing pads - unscrew lid, remove pads, wipe off makeup, fall into bed. how the hell did i survive before? and for a bargain price. 50 for something stupid like £1.

evian oxygenating cleansing wipes - cause i'm lazy, but i want good skin. and now i've got it. also usually on 2 for 1 in tesco :thumb:

estee lauder idealist skin refinisher - normally stupidly expensive, but bought from foreign sellers on ebay can be tracked down for way less. this is fucking amazing. no other word for it. i can't stop touching my skin after, and it makes it radiant, even and clear.

toni and guy moisture injecting serum - not normally a fan of poncy haircare, but this came free with something, does the job fabulously and smells really nice.

boots olive, almond and mint lip wonderbalm - nicest smelling lip balm ever. like really, ever. made with mostly natural ingredients, so is nicer on your lips than stuff like vaseline. also handy for crazy dry patched on your hands.
  • Options
    kaffrin wrote:
    boots olive, almond and mint lip wonderbalm - nicest smelling lip balm ever. like really, ever. made with mostly natural ingredients, so is nicer on your lips than stuff like vaseline. also handy for crazy dry patched on your hands.

im glad im not the only one who on occasion uses lip balm for dry bits! my friends normally look at me wierdly

as for the recommend 5, i shall be back to do that when i have had a think
  • Options
    Gillette ladies shaving gel with aloe vera.

Tend skin - great for after-shaving problems

E45 - use as hand cream, dry skin cream

Tea tree oil - smells quite strong but great for bad skin

The Santuary scrub in a packet - scrub but with oil so leaves skin really soft.
  • Options
    Ruby and Millie tweezers - I've never missed a hair with these, even the tiniest ones.

Vaseline - nothing better for keeping lips soft and smooth as far as I'm concerned. And it's good for a multitude of things too.

Touche Magique concealer from L'Orèal - no more dark circles for me!

Sunsilk Anti Drop hairspray - that directional nozzle is genius.

Avon Beautiful Morning moisturiser - yeah, you know that new Johnson's stuff? Well this has a hint of fake tan in it and it's been out ages. I've been using it on my face since last autumn and people keep telling me how well I look. (Course, they could just mean I'm getting fat ;) )
  • Options
    L'Oreal Sublime Bronze Fake Tan- So Easy to use and dosent leave you smelling like a biscuit like other tans, also great on awkward points like ankles, knees, hands and elbows

Lancome Juicy Tubes- Fave is no.45 Candy just look so fab and shiny

Max Factor Creme Puff Powder- Very Good Coverage

Rimmel Extreme lash Mascara- Great thick lashes for nights out Etc.

Timotei Blonde range (Cammomile and Amber)- Good for thourough cleansing when you need to change your shampoo and leave it smelling delish
  • Options
    Tigi Catwalk - Oatmeal and Honey treatment shampoo and the conditioner: At £10 a pop for each bottle it's expensive but i swear i have never smelt anything nicer in my life and it makes me hair so soft and shiney, and i love the way everyone sniffs my head :lol:

Aussi - 3 minute miracle conditoner - this one smells so good too, and it's the best off the shelf conditioner i've ever tried.

Them whitch stick things, for when u have them horrible randomised red spots and they *do* actually work! hurrah.

Tigi Catwalk - Fashionista smooth and shine serum thing - Again it smells great, oh i'm a sucker for smells, it smooths down any frizzy bits, great with straighteners and makes the ends of your hair look good and over all soft and shiney.

Andrew Colligne - Heat Defence spray, i randomly bought it Tesco because it was on offer once but i've been buying it for ages now, spray it onto your hair before straightening, helps protect against the heat and all that blah, and guess what it smells nice too! and it's only £3 a bottle.
  • Options
    I thought i'd get a blokes input on this!

inno via matte paste - Toni & Guy. For my current hairstyle, this is superb. Leave the hair dry looking, no gunking, re-styleable and I can do my hair in 1 minute, easily (after washing and drying).

Homme T-Pur Face Purifying Scrub - Biotherm. This is superb for before shaving. It's anti-bacterial, exfoliating + leaves the face feeling lovely!

Homme Aquapower - Biotherm. Unbelievable moisturiser. Uses thermal plankton + the equivelant of 5000l of water in each bottle (or something) and it's just an instant refresher. Superb.

Homme Age Fitness Active Anti-Age Eye Care - Biotherm. Superb. Gets rid of those back circles etc.

Le Male Eau De Toilette Spray - Jean Paul Gautier. Just the most stunning fragrance, and it's amazing how many women come up asking if I'm wearing it, as it's a long lasting, distinctive aroma.

Aye. To be honest, I could recommend ANY of the Biotherm range, it's just impossibly difficult to get hold of in the UK, apart from at Airports, or through the 'net.

G.
  • Options
    Nice to see a guy's perspective on a subject like this, gives me some ideas of treats to buy my man :)

Ok. My five would be...

1) Nivea Shave Gel (for men). I use this to shave my legs - it's non-perfumed and really gentle, doesn't leave my skin dry like the overly-perfumed Gillette "for women" ones tend to.

2) Redken Heat Glide Serum. I thought this was pricey when I bought it for £12 after a cut at Vidal Sassoon, but it smells FANTASTIC, does a great job of taming my frizzy barnet, protects against straightener damage and lasts for absolutely ages. I'm still on the original bottle and must have bought it over a year ago.

3) Garnier Skin Naturals Clean & Soft lotion (the pink one). This is a cleanser, toner and eye make-up remover in one. Been using it for ages - it's cheap, effective and doesn't irritate or dry out my skin. Bargain.

4) MAC eyeshadow in colour "Steamy". It's a gorgeous bright blue/green metallic. Never fails to get me noticed (in a good way!), and was worth the cash as it's lasted ages.

5) Batiste Dry Shampoo. A spray that you use in between hair-washes to tide you over - it dries up grease (temporarily though, you can't use it as a replacement for washing your hair obviously). This is a life saver at festivals etc...one tip though, make sure you brush it through really thoroughly otherwise you look like you've gone grey!
  • Options
    My 5 favs would be:

GHD Iron Oil Spray - I straighten my hair everyday so this is needed. Tried cheaper versions but did not like them.

Ysl Touche Eclat Radiant Touch - Makes you look instantly fresh!

BeneFIT You Rebel Tinted Moisturiser - I find that it gives me good coverage and the SPF 15 is a bonus!

Angels on Bare Skin from Lush - A great cleanser, which smells lovely, leaves my skin feeling smooth and also works as an exfoliator.

GHD Halo Shine and Conditioning Serum - A really good hair serum. Not at all greasy, it dispenses just the right amount. Smells like coconut *yum* and sorts out static hair and makes it shine.

My list could go on and on...
  • Options
    Virgin Vie Black Eyeliner - It's great, has a sponge on the end and lasts really well :D

GHD Professional Iron Oil - Great when straightening hair and doesn't make hair look greasy at all

Blistex - as someone has already said but yes this stuff is great for smooth lips

Boots 17 Get Even Foundation - Spreads evenly and lasts well. Not blotchy at all.

Rimel Exhaggerate black liquid eye liner - great for the "cat eye" effect (or whatever the flicks at the end of your eyes are called.... thats just what i say :D). Also really easy to apply so lining the tops of your eyelids are simple.
  • Options
    Burts Bees Cherry Lip Gloss....NEVER leave home without it.. the great smell does make you want to eat it though

Philosophy Ginger Man Body Scrub ...yummy yummy ginger exfoliator

Philosophy Hope in a Bottle....blitz those zits

Thierry Mugler Angel Perfume...gorgeousness in a bottle

Philosophy - Red Delicious Apple shower gel.....

Guess my favourite brand!
  • Options
    Chanel Allure - the name says it all
    Vixxen Nail Polish Off - so easy to use
    Revlon Super Lustrous Lipgloss - perfect attraction
    Eterna 27 All-Day Moisture Lotion - softness
    Clear Bra Straps - - no more ugly straps
  • Options
    can i de-reccomend a product?

Softlips lip balm, made my lips so dry about 1000x worse than they were to begin with :mad:
  • Options
    pcvix2005 wrote:
    Clear Bra Straps - - no more ugly straps

they look worse, imo.
  • Options
    they look worse, imo.

:yes: They just scream tack.

If your wearing a strappy top or something, i've never thought that bra straps in the same colour/or just plain black even look that bad.
  • Options
    I actually think bra straps showing can look really nice if theyre in a contrasting colour. I saw someone the other day wearing a black vest top with cerise pink bra straps just showing and that looked really nice.
  • Options
    can I join in...?

here would be mine:

actually... I cant think of 5 :lol: ah well :)
  • Options
    carmex
    mac studio fix foundation
    lancome juicy tubes in marshmallow
    coco madamoiselle
    brilliant brunette straightening balm thing
  • Options
    lancome jucy tubes - the framboise one its yum,
    Joshua galvin leave in remoisturising cream,
    Nivea cream (the original one in the blue pot) - Never gets old
    tesco make-up oil free foundation

dont really have a 5th i couldnt live without but there are other things i use all the time
  • Options
    I know I've already given 5 but another thing I like is the perfume L'eau D'Issey by Issey Miyake oh and Touch of pink by Lacoste.... I could go on forever.
  • Options
    I know I've already given 5 but another thing I like is the perfume L'eau D'Issey by Issey Miyake .
    ooh yes, ive got the cheap imitation version lol, but Ive had lots of compliments on it. :D
  • Options
    I saw someone the other day wearing a black vest top with cerise pink bra straps just showing and that looked really nice.

I would do that sometimes. So long as the colour looks alright with whatever vest top you maybe wearing.

will be back later with my 5. cant think right now.
  • Options
    ooh yes, ive got the cheap imitation version lol, but Ive had lots of compliments on it. :D

Oh, lol, you use those too? :D I resent wearing expensive perfume unless I'm going somewhere special.
  • Options
    1) Soap
    2) Herbal Essences Shampoo & Conditioner (ok, I'm a dude, but this stuff is amazing)
    3) Jean-Paul Gaultier Male aftershave
    4) Water
    5) Shaving foam
  • Options
    Origins 'Have A Nice Day' moisturiser - smells gorgeous and lasts forever.

Superdrugs own brand cleansing lotion/toner/facial wash for sensitive skin - cheap (less than a fiver for the lot) but does a brilliant job.

Bed Head 'Rubber Rage' - hair seperator stuff to make layers stand out. Bought it in January, and you can't even tell I've used it. Wicked stuff.

Toni & Guy Iron-It Heat Defensive Spray - makes my hair super shiny and smooth.

and finally... Dove Deodorant, the one you get in a stick/cream kind of form - sprays and roll-ons make me itch but this stuff is fuckin' brilliant. It doesn't make me itch and it smells nice and clean.
  • Options
    aussies new 3 minute miracle thing - for frizzy hair is amazing - i don't have frizzy hair so i dunno if it works for that but my hair looks so shiny and doesnt look all nasty and dried out which tends to happen when you straighten daily.

tigi bedhead after-party = lush, sooo soft and smells yummy

bodyshop do a coconut range with like exfoliant and body butter and shower cream which makes you smell amazing

rimmels wet/dry eyeliner is a godsend too

as is maybellines soft and full (i think that's what it's called) mascara

my favourite thing is whiteish/light gold eye shadow/highlighting dust cos after a long night out a little biton the bit between your eyes and nose makes you look luminous

that was 6 hmmm