Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

how do i stop feeling like this?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi

For the past two weeks or so I can't sleep and when I do sleep its very fitful and i dont wake feeling refreshed. Apparently I've started calling out and sounding distressed in my sleep.

I also have no energy I have to drag myself through each day when all i want is for the world to just go away and leave me alone. My heads fuzzy I'm exhaused.

I'm tearful all the time too the slightest thing is getting to me but yet I'm not enjoying positive stuff either and I can't concentrate on the things I normally like to do. I just burst into tears in front of my mum totally unexpectly and I'm on the brink of tears now as I write this.

I don't know what to do to stop this, my work life is suffering I'm getting flack for that. Its driving me mad. I feel like everything is closing down and pressing in on me.

Phoenix

Comments

• Options
    go to your gp and ask for some pills to help you sleep.
    its most likely, from what you have said that because you cannot sleep, you are drained of energy adn therefore unable to enjoy your day to day activities... i went through a stage of this a while ago. lack of sleep also makes you feel really emotional, hence your crying.
    unless, you are stressed over anything else? - in which case what you are describing could be symptoms of depession.
    - either way, i think you should have a chat with your gp.
  • Options
    unfortunately I cant break time off work to see the GP

I had loads of time off back end of last year for stress and now I'm on a written warning over it and my boss is breathing down my neck over every thing and the last thing I need is something else she can use to make me feel bad

Thanks for your advice
  • Options
    unfortunately I cant break time off work to see the GP

I had loads of time off back end of last year for stress and now I'm on a written warning over it and my boss is breathing down my neck over every thing and the last thing I need is something else she can use to make me feel bad

Thanks for your advice
  • Options
    your boss sounds like a bit of a bully tbh.
    you'd only need about an hour or so off work to go down and see your doctor - can't you do it in your lunch break?
  • Options
    i you cannot do it in your lunch break... then try some of the "help you sleep remidies" avaliable on the market.