Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Please Help Me.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi,
My names Faith and I'm 13. Ever since about 2 months ago, I've felt really really upset over the smallest things and felt as though everyone hates me. I've felt as though no matter where I go, people are talking about me, insulting me or they hate me.
It feels as though I'm doing something wrong or it's me they have the problem with and for some people, it is me. For instance, when I go down to where I used to live to see someone who is supposed to be my friend but isn't anymore, then I get stones chucked at both me and her by everyone. However, when I'm not there, they are all really really nice to her, it's just when I'm there. Plus, there was someone whose name I wont mention who hated me so much that he made a hate site and told me to die and that I was a wh0r3.

I've been called so many times that it feels as though everything these people are saying is true. It's almost as though I have more enimies then freinds, trust me the list of people who don't like me is longer then the people who do.

I've also had a few other problems that have something to do with home. I don't really want to post them up on the internet, though I can say that one of them is that my uncle has recently gone to Iraq. I'm really worried about him and the other day someone from his campsite got kidnapped. I keep thinking he's going to be next. I've also had a few other family problems, but I'm not going to say them.

Also, my friend has become suicidal and is cutting herself, which isn't helping me at all because I sort of feel as though it's my fault, even though it probably isn't.

All the insults have gone too far. I've even started to stop eating normally. Everyone is saying how I don't eat enough, except for my mum, because she doesn't know about this. I tried to tell her about how I'm feeling, but she says it's just my age.

I looked at the symptons of Eating Disorders and my friend made me do a test and send it off. I got an answer back saying that they thought I sounded as though I was depressed, but I always thought 13 year olds couldn't get depressed. Though, I looked at the symptons and stuff, and alot of them match, especially these ones:

Severe depression: This is the most common type of breakdown, where someone deveLops severe depression over a few weeks, where they can't sleep, feel on edge, have negative thoughts about themselves, feel more and more Hopeeless and then one day just can't get out of bed.

That is exactly how I feel. And it's so hard to get to sleep every night, I feel so tired in the morning. Plus all my friends say my behaviour has changed. I also found that aches and stuff can be a sympton. I don't know if this means anything, but I keep finding bruises and scratches all over me from out of nowhere. I also keep getting loads of aches.

This is also something else that I found matches:

Problems sleeping: oversleeping but not feeling refreshed; unable to get out of bed; needing a nap in the afternoon.

Overeating: carbohydrate craving leading to weight gain.

Depression: despair; misery; guilt; anxiety; normal tasks become frustratingly difficult; hopelessness.

Family problems: avoiding your family and friends; irritability; loss of libido; feeling emotionally numb.
Lethargy: too tired to cope; everything becomes an effort.

Physical symptoms: often joint pain or stomach problems and a lowered resistance to infection.

Behavioural problems: especially in younger people.

Well, quite alot of that matches. Look:

Problems Sleepin - I can never get to sleep at night so im always asleep in the afternoon

Overeating - Well, that isn't an issue because I don't eat.

Depression: I always feel despair, misery, guilt, anxiety and everything I used to love has just become more and more annoying and frustrating

Lethargy: Everything has become too much of an effort

I really don't know what to do. I was going to talk to a trusted teacher, but when I asked her if she'd keep something a secret, she said she wouldn't be able to if it was serious. I don't want to tell my mum because I'm afraid she either wont understand or she'll think it's her fault.

My best friend even turned on me the other day and it's made me feel as though there is something I do wrong all the time, especially after the things I said. I aslo found out today that apparently my boyfriend got off with someone else.

I think I really need help. So do my friends, but I don't know. Is there anyone who can actually help me and what is exactly wrong with me?

Comments

• Options
    i hope this helps

i suffer with depresion ,there r people u can tlk to,
    like go the doctors explain t him then he will disscus the options avalible t u ,i mean i av a socail worker who i can talk t wen things get bad for me , but iv been okay for sum time now i am on anti depreasents.lol they keep me happy lol :lol:
  • Options
    It sounds to me that your being bullied. This site is aimed at teenagers and may help you: http://www.need2know.co.uk/LinkSubsection.cfm?id=85&sid=8
    This one may help with your depression: http://www.youngminds.org.uk/
    This one is aimed at parents, but could help you with your eating disorder:
    http://www.justmommies.com/articles/eatingdisorders.shtml
    Whatever you do though you must not keep all this to yourself. Tell your friends or family, or if they are too close try calling childline on 0800 1111
    You are not alone, there are thousands of teenagers suffering just like you, but with help your problems can be sorted out. Good luck.
  • Options
    Thanks

Thanks you guys. I'm not sure if I'd be able to visit my doctor without my mum knowing though. I know I should tell her, but part of me is wondering whether this is as serious as it sounds, maybe I'm just being over-reacting. I really don't know whats wrong with me. I guess Depression is the only thing that sums it up, but I just..I dunno, I really didn't think someone my age could get that. Maybe they could.

I just don't want to put all this pressure on my mum. I feel guilty hiding it frm her, but that wont be anywhere near the guilt I'd feel if I put pressure on my mum.

Do you two really think I could be depressed?
  • Options
    Thanks you guys. I'm not sure if I'd be able to visit my doctor without my mum knowing though. I know I should tell her, but part of me is wondering whether this is as serious as it sounds, maybe I'm just being over-reacting. I really don't know whats wrong with me. I guess Depression is the only thing that sums it up, but I just..I dunno, I really didn't think someone my age could get that. Maybe they could.

I just don't want to put all this pressure on my mum. I feel guilty hiding it frm her, but that wont be anywhere near the guilt I'd feel if I put pressure on my mum.

Do you two really think I could be depressed?

yes you could be depressed. it can affect people of all ages and all backgrounds. the only way you will know for certain is to talk to your gp.
  • Options
    Sorry to read about your problems. A 13 year old can suffer from depression, it is an illness the same way mumps and chicken pox are both illnesses, although depression effects you more mentally than it does physically. Having said that, the side effects of depression include impacts of your physical health too.

It sounds to me that you need to confide in someone you trust. Is there a teacher at school you could talk to, a parent, older sibling or cousin perhaps?
  • Options
    I was going to talk to a teacher who I trusted, but before I did I asked her that if I told her why I'd been upset the other day, cos I'd been crying, then would she keep it a secret and not tell my parents or anything, but she said that she wouldn't be able to keep it a secret if it was serious.

I know I need to go to my doctors or something, but I'm not sure if I'll be able to get there without my mum knowing unless I go with one of my friends, but that would mean lying to my mum and then I feel even more guilty.

I know it's an illness, but I know it's actually sort of normal, but part of me is convinced that it isn't normal for me to be like this. And it's sort of destroying my life because sometimes I'll snap at my friends for no reason, I've had two arguments in one week because of it this week.

I don't think I'd be able to tell my older cousin because she would probably tell someone. I don't really see my step brothers anymore, and they'd probably tell my dad if they thought it was serious. A few of my closest friends know and it's great that they are there for me, but it's probably not the help that I should get.